“Good Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Mansfield, Ohio
“Good Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I make this a stop every trip we take to Florida for vacation. We found it on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives show. The spinach pie is AWESOME! They have an appetizer with the spinach pie and a small greek salad - WOW! It tastes great. We usually grab sandwiches when we are there. We have yet to have a bad experience in the 6 trips that we have made to this restaurant. If we didn't live in Ohio, we would probably make this a weekly restaurant stop.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Madison, Alabama
“Welcome to the Show”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Visiting family who recommended it, we agreed to eat here due to it's proximity to the Christmas Light Display right down the street. We arrived at 7pm on a Saturday night without reservations to find a packed house with folks lined up out the doors waiting. Our party of 6 was seated in under 30 minutes. I'm going to back up a bit and talk about first impressions. A completely packed parking lot gave us a favorable impression as did the neon 1950s looking exterior, very cool. Once seated, our waiter was quickly there to assist us. I found the staff to be excellent from start to finish. I found the interior to be pleasant enough, not at all run down like I would expect from any place with the word "Diner" in the name. I had just two issues with the place. I found the price to be a bit high and I found the food to be average. I had very high expectations after learning this place had been featured on the food network with Guy Fiwhateverhisnameis. I'll be honest and say that I was the only adult in the group who felt this way, everyone else loved every bit of the experience and told me I'd better give the diner a great review. I call it like I see it, a fun restaurant with average food that locals rave about. You could do worse. If I could do it over again I wouldn't order the "Constantine Steak" meal off the specials menu. But I didn't like my wife's lamb either.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pensacola, Florida
“12.15.13”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

First visit to the Diner while visiting friends & family in Atlanta, all who are struggling Chiropractic students. When asked where we should eat, all suggested the Diner.

Although we arrived about 9:45 p.m. the restaurant was busy but we were seated within 5 minutes. We were served spanakopita and potato bread upon being seated. The spanakopita was very good but the bread was tasteless.

I ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo which came with a cup of Tomato soup & salad. My friend ordered the Baked Pastichio which came with a greek salad. Both dinner portions were VERY large and we took home to go containers and ate a full meal on it the next day.

The Alfredo was basic and was good but were surprised they didn't have a pepper mill which would have made this better. My friend said the Pastichio was just OK. We ordered a slices of Butterfinger & Plain Cheesecake to take home, both were exceptional.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
East Ridge, Tennessee
“Not impressed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I am sorry, maybe we just had a bad experience, but we really didn't care for the visit. My wife and I both ordered the chicken pot pie, which turned out to be sold out. I opted for meatloaf and wife went with the pot roast. They both had gravy, which had a sweet taste to it. Both the pot roast and the meatloaf tasted the same. It really wasn't a good taste, in my opinion. When we left over 2/3's on our plate, our waiter didn't even ask if anything was wrong, or how it was. The manager on duty was too busy working as a host to check on the customers. He was by our table numerous times, but only to seat other guests. I kinda like for a manager to stop by and see how things are. I realize that I must be in the minority. We had to wait 20 minutes for a table and they were slammed. However, my family won't be back. It didn't impress us. Before I finish, let me say our soup (chicken noodle) was really great!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pleasanton, CA
“Very good for a diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

The wait staff was extremely attentive. The food came out quickly, hot, and correct. I did think it was funny though that they were constantly showing you food on their video monitors from their other restaurants. The food from the seafood restaurant looked so good that I was wondering if they were telling me that I should have gone there instead!!!

• Visited November 2013