“Great food and good value” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 621 Restaurants in Marietta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Northville, Michigan
“Great food and good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Had dinner here and were really surprised how good it was. The food was phenomenal and we were really pleased. I had the Texas Red Fish. It came with crab meat and some shrimp and a really interesting bitey sauce. Really great.

My wife had the Mahi Alexander. It was also a great dish. Generous with fish and the extras - shrimp, scallops and veggies. Really good.

We highly recommend this restaurant.

Columbia, South Carolina
“Outstanding food taste and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stopped here on the spare of the moment on this end of Atlanta on New Year’s Day and have eaten at another Pappadeaux restaurant many years ago but never this location. We were in the mood for seafood and this fit the bill when we saw their ad on one of the "restaurants at this exit" signs on I-75 South.

Upon arrival we were seated immediately. We arrived right at about 6 PM. We thought it would be busier on this holiday but was surprised to be seated tight away. We were offered drinks and we pondered on a glass of wine and we are choosy on white wines and asked for a small sample of 2 different ones but were told that this was not permitted to sample the wines. We indicated we would purchase 2 glasses of wine with no problem but we were still denied samples. This is not typical of first class restaurants and actually is the first restaurant we ever were refused a sample. I would highly recommend the management review this policy and be more open to helping customers choose what type of wine they like. This was an unnecessary refusal on their part for this restaurant.

We reviewed the menu while waiting on 2 glasses of wine that we would gamble would meet our palate. We chose the oysters and shrimp appetizer which came with 6 oysters on the half shell and 6 jumbo shrimp; all for $10 if I remember. When you compare that to ordering 2 separate appetizers of the same thing, it amounts to double the cost for the same quantity (6 oysters separate appetizer = $10 + 6 shrimp separate appetizer = $10). We were extremely pleased with the quality and quantity of this dual appetizer and my wife and I shared it.

After consuming the appetizers and sampling a few crackers too, the Greek salad we ordered for two came. It is prepared table-side and they showed us all the ingredients (feta cheese, Greek Kalamata olives, etc.) and asked if it was ok to place all them into the salad. There were only a few of the Greek olives and we love them and we asked if we could get some additional olives included and they indicated no problem. A good size quantity of olives (at least 20 or more) appeared in a very short time and we poured them onto each salad that sat before us ready to be consumed. We started to taste the salad which was superbly prepared and out comes our main entre meals. I refused to allow them to put them on the table off the serving tray and told them to return them to the kitchen so that we could enjoy our salad first. I hate this when restaurants don’t stagger their food preparation to allow guests to enjoy each course of the dinner. They gave me no problem in retuning them (but see addition entry later about this – they ended up charging us for the double ordering) and the main waiter apologized that the entrees were so rushed out.

The salad as we said was superb; just the right ingredients, just the perfect taste and our extra olives were pitted so perfect! Just by this time we were almost full having appetizers, wine and salad already! My wife chose to take home ½ of her salad so she could eat some of her entre. I “ate the whole thing” of the salad!
The entrees arrived a little while later; I had ordered the fried oysters with fries (recalling “James Bond’s” movie entrée ) and my wife ordered the fried Cajun spiced shrimp with spinach and onions as her side. The food was okay on the temperature; I am a perfectionist wanting my food hot. We only sampled the entrees; just too much food already in our stomachs and no more room! We asked for to-go boxes and obtained them too.

We were offered the dessert menu and we looked but decided to pass as there was no room for more food. We asked for the bill and out it came. The review of the bill was strange; there was a double order for each of the entrees; I assume since they sent the food back to the kitchen during our salads, that they had to “double order” it to comply with how the ordering is done. But one each was then subtracted off from the bill under that. We were not told of this when the bill came and we questioned it and got out our calculator on the iphone to double check it was the correct total and it was. We asked for explanation when the waiter returned. The service was great overall and we reflected that with our tip.

As we departed there was a large line of customers standing awaiting tables. Guess we got to the restaurant before the crowd and it worked perfectly for us. I hope you find this review a sampling of what a great meal and experience we had; we will try to return to this restaurant again when on this side of Atlanta.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Roswell, Georgia, USA
“Great seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Having grown up in Houston, Texas , I am very familiar with the quality the Pappadeaux restaurants provide their customers. Now that they are in Atlanta, we partake of their delicious seafood menu on a monthly basis. Great selection and quality, and I assure you, you won't leave hungry or disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“My favorite place to dine!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

If you love seafood then you have to visit? Over the years it has become crowded with a lot more tables, which leaves not a lot of floor space. Word of advice -- expect a minimum of a 1-2 hr wait. Other than that I love it! Order the oysters pappadeux--- yummy!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cleveland, Tennessee
“convenient and good, beautiful place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This restaurant is gorgeous. Well appointed, nice outdoor grounds, beautiful inside and out.

Service is very good. Loved our server, as well as the other host of helpers. We were very well taken care of service wise.

Food was good. Well prepared, served at the correct temperatures, and displayed well. However, portions were way too small for the high prices. We felt that Pappasito's (next door) is better food and better value. You can get the famous shrimp they have at either place, and Pappasito's actually taste better.

Very expensive plates, which is not a problem, but they food was skimpy. My seafood platter came out and looked huge, but when you get it, it's just a few things piled on top of a huge mound of french fries. What a let down!!! Not a good value for what you get. Sorry guys. But if you are going to charge those prices, either the food has to be "off the chain" awesome, OR it has to be a very large portion of the main meats/dish if it's just "good" food.

And guys.......those high prices and NO BREAD brought to the table OR served with the food? Come on!

Ownership and management needs to take another good long hard look at a few things here.....

Pappasito's will be my next Windy Hill exit stop.

~ Jeffrey