“Good chinese food!” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Good chinese food!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were there around 3 PM for lunch. We ordered Eggplant with spicy ginger sauce, which was mouth watering and one of the best dishes we had tasted. The other one we ordered was shredded chicken, which was a complete disappointment. So we saw both extremes. Service was excellent. Overall, this is a great restaurant, but quality and taste appears to vary with the specific dish. Portions are huge, so order carefully.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sandy Springs, Georgia
“Soooooo hot, soooo goooood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Tasty China is fantastic. If you like spicy, authentic mainland cuisine, this is the place in (read:north of) Atlanta to go - I.e. It is worth the drive. Dan Dan noodles and Shan City chicken were our favorites - both good and spicy picks. Do not be deterred by the modest exterior; give it a try for some of the best Chinese around town.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Chinese in Atlanta, you can't get thier food anywhere else....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is hands down my favorite Chinese restaurant in Atlanta. As many have said before, it is not for the meek, the stalwarts of thier menu are the very hot and spicy Szechuan dishes. Whenever I am near the place I have to stop by and get the "Hot Numbing Dry Beef" appetizer, it is slap your mama good, but it is spicy. The Dan Dan Noodle is also very good but sometimes it can have a little too much oil in it. The hot numbing beef does come in a roll which is like a Chinese burrito which does make it a little less hot. The fried eggplant is also another wonderful dish. All of these are just the appetizers!

Don't come here looking for Americanized Chinese food, they do have a special "American" menu, but why would you order the same stuff you can get anywhere when you can eat some truly incredible can't get anywhere else Chinese food?

Go there, if I'm lucky i'll be there too!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I got carryout from here when we stayed at a local hotel, and we went based on the online reviews given fori it. We weren't disappointed.

We ordered the dan dan pork noodles, shredded beef with bamboo shoots and crispy chicken. All were unique and excellent. We were very impressed that, unlike what we're used to eating at the Chinese restaurants in the Detroit area, the food is infused with the flavor of the sauces without there being any actual sauce sitting at the bottom of the contrainer Each bite was a new burst of flavor (and yes, be warned that the dan dan noodles are damn damn hot!).

The portions were nice (we both had about half of our meals for leftovers) and prices reasonable, considering the quality of the food. This is not some average Chinese takeout factory after all. If you want $7 sweet and sour pork, surely that can be found down the street somewhere

As mentioned, we got carryout, so I can't comment as to the quality of the booths. I can, however, say that the restaurant met the "eye" test just from looking around when picking up our food. But for those who have called it a hole in the wall in a questionable-looking strip mall, get off of your high horse. No, on second thought, stay there--more food for the rest of us that way. Being located in a strip mall doesn't make anything a 'hole in the wall.' In fact, I'll take a strip mall place over a freestanding restaurant any day, since I know more of my money is going toward the quality of the food, and not paying the mortgage.

I would go here again, and the menu is diverse enough that there are a lot of new dishes to me that I'd like to try

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Dirty and indifferent”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I wanted so badly to like Tasty China, but alas, whatever reputation it had before as a Top 50 Restaurant in Atlanta has sadly passed it by. There were 10 tables in there on Saturday lunch- 7 Chinese patrons and 3 Americans, which is usually a good sign of an authentic restaurant. The staff was indifferent to the 3 American tables. I don't know if they were to the Chinese as well, but I heard the men behind me try to get service and the couple on the other side of the dining room as well.

The bathroom was dirty and had no toilet paper, but it did have hand towels. I chalked it up to being busy until I saw the 81 health score at the register. Apparently the kitchen is dirty as well. Ouch.

I was excited to see "Pork Soup Dumplings" on the menu and asked to make sure that these were the style I ate in Shanghai. I was told a 15 minute wait on those and was discouraged from ordering them although I did anyway. I ordered the Garlic Eggplant for an entrée and mindful of previous reviews, knew there would be take away at the end. The entrée arrived first and was left on my table while I was in the bathroom. The dumplings arrived close to 20 minutes later at the end of my meal. I had to flag the waitress down to get chopsticks and my drink was never refilled. The Pork Soup Dumplings? They had no soup in them! The Garlic Eggplant was good in the restaurant but horrible on the reheat, so take away is questionable.

I was very disappointed. However, the pair of men in the booth behind me who were also having a bad lunch recommended a place to go in Buford Dr /Doraville to get the soup dumplings, so all was not a loss.

• Visited August 2013