“Exceptional food on charming Historic Square” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 621 Restaurants in Marietta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Asian fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Taqueria Tsunami was created to bring you all the great flavors from the Far East and South of the Border to your plate. The idea behind the concept was a vision of delicious Latin-Asian fusion food served in a fun, contemporary atmosphere.At Taqueria Tsunami we only use the freshest ingredients and never sacrifice quality, from offering all natural tortillas with no preservatives, to our cocktails made with fresh fruit. We take pride in our culinary excellence and believe our unique menu sets us apart from your typical taqueria.
Marietta, Georgia
“Exceptional food on charming Historic Square”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Love the fresh guacamole--just enough cilantro & lime to make it irresistible!! The Tsunami Trio (2 gourmet soft tacos & an interesting side) can't be beat. I'm vegetarian & I find plenty to eat every visit.

Visited December 2013

Leeds, Alabama
“Save room for dessert!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Started off the meal with luscious Avocado spring rolls with their delicate taste. Followed with the Tsunami Trio which provides you with the choice of two TACOS and a side. The Lime Chicken taco was exceedingly tasty with a good balance between citrus and meat flavors. The Baja taco also had the right amount of spiciness for a very flavorful entree. But, my suggestion to you is to save room for dessert. Specifically, save room for the Sopapilla. Excellent, excellent combination of triangular shaped light pastry topped with ice cream. An apple turnover with ice cream is the closest description that I can share with you. It was Excellent!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Excellent service, casual but hip dining room, unique fusion of flavors, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

A great little find. The mixture of east meets west works well and the fusion of flavors are expertly combined. I initially wasn't sure of Asian tacos. My friend and I both found what we ordered to be excellent. The Tsunami trio is a great value and just enough for dinner without feeling guilty afterwards. Great wine pairing choices. Dining room is casual but hip with a fun crowd of all ages. Great location on the square. Service was quite good. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marietta, GA
“Vegetarian friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I always get the Tsunami Trio with a tofu taco, garden taco and the salad on the side. The price is reasonable and the menu offers options for vegetarians. It's a great place to grab drinks and dinner with friends after work. Casual atmosphere. There are a few tables out on the sidewalk which are fun since the Marietta Square is right across the street.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hiram, Georgia
“Great blend of tastes with top notch service and modest prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife, two daughters, and daughter's boyfriend (ages 18-53) enjoyed a great meal on a Saturday night on the square in Marietta. My older daughter and boyfried have eaten her several times and talk about the excellent food. I fully agree. As the name implies, there is a southwest style food presentation with Asian style ingredient prep. It really does work !!!

Wait was only 15minutes for party of five, and I was able to walk the square on a nice fall night. I got a TXT message when our table was ready.....AND, they seated me alone while I waited for rest of family to show up...so many places want the entire party on hand before seating. Nicely done as different groups converged together after a busy Saturday.

The food was well prepared...I had Asian short rib quesadilla and my daughter had the steak version. I really like the cucumber salad which I blended in my pico de gallo to perk it up. My wife enjoyed her Thai chicken taco and gabanzo bean side and said the RichMan taco (steak filet) was the best of etiher.

The portion sizes are modest with fair prices to reflect. I am not a big fan of overpriced and over sized meals commonly offered while dining out. Nice selection of domestic and imported bottle beer and a modest wine list.

This is sure to be one of my favorite relaxing places to eat while enjoying the on the square setting.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere