“My new favorite restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chicken and the Egg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 566 Restaurants in Marietta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Chicken and the Egg is a neighborhood gathering spot that will serve sophisticated yet approachable American farmstead fare. Our name represents the cycle of life and the importance of sustainability. We want to help minimize the negative impact humans leave on this planet. The menu at Chicken and the Egg features innovative twists on classic American dishes. The cuisine will incorporate seasonal ingredients from local farms and purveyors as well as sustainable beef, pork, poultry and seafood. Marc Taft is the chef/owner and will utilize approachable ingredients that are thoughtfully constructed and highlight what the earth has to offer.
Atlanta, Georgia
“My new favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our family fell in love with this place. Since it's relatively new, we made a reservation through Open Table. As soon as we walked it, we loved the upscale farm decor. It had a certain charm to it that drew us in immediately. The waitstaff was attentive and friendly, and the food...well, let's just say we were all making happy little humming sounds as we ate. Everything was so fresh and delicious we did not want to stop eating. Do yourself a favor and visit this place stat!

• Visited August 2013

“AMAZING fried chicken!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband had the most amazing fried chicken and their mac and cheese had a delicious bacon flavor. I had a strawberry and rhubarb salad which was light and delicious as well. We shared my favorite appetizer there, mushroom toasts with goat cheese and honey. My husband is not a huge fan of goat cheese but thought these were very good. They had live music which was awesome. The decor is fantastic. Their bar is really beautiful. This was my second visit and I will certainly be back again.

• Visited June 2013
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Great Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ok this is a very nice place, with great wait staff! Then $10.00 bottomless mimosas! The afternoon nap was a breakfast to die for. The potato hash outstanding :) try it you will love it!

• Visited May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have been here twice within the last couple weeks. The first time was for dinner with a big group of girlfriends. I had a dish with scallops and the actual scallops were excellent. They were in a dish with greens (collards maybe?) and some kind of broth but, I think there was a little too much broth. I had a glass of Malbec wine which was fantastic. The server was very accomodating as we requested to split the check in an odd way. The second time I went was for Brunch on a Saturday with my husband. I got an omlette and coffee and it was delicious. Husband got the Chicken & Biscuits and the bottomless mimosas (free refills). I tried his dish and think I'll get that next time! Our server was pleasant and checked on us often. Of course with the Farm to Table concept, the food is a little on the expensive side but, it is worth it when you want to splurge a little.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Marietta, Georgia
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Read the reviews before we went but was hoping they weren't as accurate as they ended up being. Restaurant was loud and it wasn't busy. Food was only okay, nothing you couldn't get at Cracker Barrel. We probably won't return for another visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere