My family and I visited relatives for a long weekend, 13-16 Sept 2013 in Marietta. I booked the hotel through Booking.com which advertised price of $209.00. I called the hotel to confirm the price included room and sales tax and was informed it did. When we arrived the night of the 13th, the bill came to $264.39, and I had to put down a $25 deposit. No biggie on the deposit, but I was kind of miffed that the prices didn't add up, especially since I made the effort to call and check first so there weren't any suprises. Well, the suprises didn't end there.
At check in, we were informed we could only have 2 door keys (for 3 adults) and warned to keep the cards away from anything that may deactivate them (phones, other credit cards, ect.) because there would be a $25 charge to reactivate the card. Megan also informed me that the cards may deactivate themselves which is a commom problem for them, and we would still be charged to reactivate the card. We were told the clerks were not paid to sit at the desk and take care of activating cards. HUH?? What kind of service is that??
We made our way to a standard but clean room and noticed there were only towels for two. We managed to find a polite cleaning lady that gave us an additional set of towels the next morning. The room was never cleaned, which we didn't mind, but by Sunday we needed clean towels. We found another cleaning lady whom we asked for clean towels, and she stated our room would be tidied and clean towels left shortly. We left the hotel for 6 hours and came back to no clean room or towels as promised. My aunt carried all our towels downstairs and was informed they would not provide us with clean towels, if so we would be charged for them. WTF? My aunt infomred her we were promised clean towels, and there would be NO CHARGE for 3 clean sets. The attendant stated the new owners wanted to charge, but she would let this one "slide".
Monday we checked out; I approached the counter and stated to Arlene I needed to check out. She started to help, then the phone rang and I was made to stand at the counter while she booked a room for a client and discussed all the rooms that would be available and larger than the room he'd previously had. I waited over 5 minutes before my checkout was resumed and was able to leave. My checkout time took 3 minutes and 24 seconds after the phone call.
I understand this is an extended stay facility; it was a good room for the 3 of us on a long weekend. However, the service leaves MUCH to be desired. The hotel was in a good area and it was easy to get wherever we needed to go. We felt safe and comfortable. I was just astonished at how the staff was to not only myself, but other guests as well, like we were a bother to them. It was OK for the price, but we could have spent the same money for another hotel that would have had much better service.
- Also Known As:
- Crestwood Suites Marietta Hotel Marietta
- Crestwood Suites Marietta Hotel
- Crestwood Hotel Marietta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crestwood Suites - Marietta at the 120 Loop will make your stay more comfortable without stressing your wallet, giving you options that conventional hotels just don't offer: full-size, fully-equipped kitchens with refrigerator, stovetop, microwave, and coffee maker in every suite.At Crestwood Suites you can conduct business as usual with free local phone calls, private voice mail, and computer data ports in every suite. There is even a copy and faxing service at the front desk.Enjoy premium cable TV while relaxing on your reclining love seat or, if you want a workout, you can check out the local fitness center. There is also a 24-hour on-site laundry facility and vending area for your convenience. Guests with pets (dogs and cats) are always welcome. Since most Crestwood Suites are less than three years old you will have a comfortable, safe place to call home, with on site management, interior corridors locked exterior doors (access by room key card only), and plenty of exterior lighting. Whether traveling for a night, a week, or more, let Crestwood Suites - Marietta offer you "All the Comforts of Home". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Crestwood Suites of Marietta, Roswell Rd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.