“Reminds me of home” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cuban
Atlanta, Georgia
“Reminds me of home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

First, don't be fooled by the strip mall that this amazing resturant is in. The strip mall looks shady, but once you step-inside the resturant you are welcomed and greeted like family. I have eaten here for both lunch and dinner, and the portions are generous and at a great price. I don't have a favorite meal when I eat here, I can honeslty say that I loved every thing I have had here. We took a friend here for her birthday, and the owner of the diner turned on a "happy birthday" song and personally brought out a slice of tres leaches (3 milk) cake. I feel like I am treated like family every time I step into this little jem of a resturant. The resturant is super clean and has a great "family vibe".

• Visited September 2012

94% Recommend
Atlanta, GA
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

It never ceases to amaze me what great restaurants in metro Atlanta are hidden away in strip malls!
This restaurant is no exception (look for the Dollar Store--it's across from McDonalds if that helps)
We started with some delicious Sangria, then had a wonderful appetizer--"tostones tapadas", it was chicken over green plantains with melted cheese and sofrito sauce. Then on to the the classic Cuban dish of shredded pork, white rice, black beans and sweet plantains. The pork was sooooooo moist and tender--it would put any BBQ place to shame, and had a wondeful "mojo" sauce (lime and other flavors). Everything was muy delicioso. Finished with probably the best flan I've ever had (and I'm from San Diego, where Mexico is just a half hour away and I've had plenty of flan)--it was so dense and creamy with the perfect caramel sauce.
I've had Cuban food in Miami and in Atlanta--this was better than any of the other places I've tried. Portions were large for dinner--we took half home. Run, don't walk to the Cuban Diner!

• Visited September 2012
Ellijay, Georgia
“Food My Great Grandmother would be proud of!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I've eaten here for lunch and supper, and am always amazed at the freshness, and quantity of food. Eating there is just like eating at a diner in Miami. Very authentic Cuban food. Very reasonably priced and always immaculately clean.

New Iberia, Louisiana
“Authentically delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is the place for authentic cuban food in Marietta, Georgia. ¡Delicioso! The portions are generous and very reasonably priced. Try the pescado, moros, maduritos, and the lechon. Finish with flan and a cuban coffee. You won't regret this stop!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marietta, Georgia
“Excellent rating not enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband and I moved to Marietta, GA in January 2012 from the Fluorida Keys where we had an abundance of good Cuban food. We visited the Cuban Diner in Marietta this evening and agreed it may have been the best total dining experience ever. Our server came promptly to our table, was extremely helpfull in answering any questions before placing our order. While relaxing as we waiting for our food, we noticed the owner being very friendly and concerned that each guest had everything they could possibly need. Soon our food was served and was absolutely delicious. As we finished our wonderful meal, the owner stopped by our table and joined our server in sharing their personal stories with us. They made us feel as if we were family and very welcome. I highly recommend visiting the Cuban Diner no matter where you live in the Atlanta area. My husband visited as a couple but there were solo and family diners as well.