“Very Authentic Cuban-Family Run” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Marietta
“Very Authentic Cuban-Family Run”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

A little taste of calle ocho! Very good food and the owner oversees everything. Love the place.

Visited April 2012

Kingston Springs, Tennessee
“Very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I am not an expert on Cuban food but what I have eaten here is very good. The owner is a personable chap and is very patient with gringos like me. The cuban sandwich is wonderful. I get the yaca fries with garlic oil dipping sauce as a side. The restaurant is big and bright with tasteful decorations. Full bar with speciality Cuban drinks

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Great Authentic Cuban Food With a Personal Touch From the Owner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

My wife and I just returned from lunch at the Cuban Diner... What a great meal!

The Cuban Diner is located in a strip mall on the south side of Roswell Rd (the one sort of down in a hole!). The appointments are basic, but we were greeted by a friendly staff and seated. There is a lunch menu to select from and the prices are very reasonable. My wife went for the 1/2 Cuban Sandwich which included 2 sides (fries and black beans were selected) There are many great choices and I finally picked the Ropa Vieja with sweet plantains (AWESOME!) and mixed veggies (drizzled with a butter/garlic sauce that would improve any dish).

Prior to the arrival of our food, the owner, Jose Ricardo visited to let us know that our food would be ready in 2 "Cuban Minutes" and to welcome us to his restaurant. In reality our food arrived in 2 American minutes and was great! He even helped us out with some advice on a Latin themed party being planned.

I don't have much of a baseline, but my wife used to live in Miami and she declared both dishes, authentic. Call it what you want... but call it great food! And reasonable, too. For the two entrees with two sides each, a Cuban coffee and a Diet Coke, the bill was $19.00. Incredible for the amount and quality of the food.

Go enjoy. I know we will be back!

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Marietta, Georgia
“LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

I fell in love with this place the first time I stopped in! I just wanted a Cuban sandwich to go, but had a warm conversation with the owner and sat down to some delicious flan and coffee while I waited. The decor is GREAT - they chose the perfect chairs, colors and posters to REALLY make if feel like you are in a Cuban diner. And when I got the sandwich, I was hooked! They have this purely magical dipping sauce, sort of a Mojito, that is amazing! Since then I have taken my wife there and we both agreed that the sauce works on EVERYTHING to kick it up a notch! I believe the baked half chicken is the best I have ever had in my life!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blue Ridge, GA
“Cuban food by the Big Chicken!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

I married a guy from south Florida who introduced me to Cuban food which I crave on a regular basis. Living 2 hours north of Atlanta, I dont get to indulge much. So craving Cuban one day I did a google search and found the Cuban Diner. Being next to Whole Foods and about 5 miles from Trader Joes is a huge perk since we go there to stock up all the time. Drove the 2 hours on our bikes and boy was it worth it. The owner was waiting tables and the co-owner, his wife, was in the kitchen. We had the sampler platter which included chicken empanadas, beef empanadas, Papas Rellenas, Maduros and tostones. I had the picadillo which I have eaten at El Siboney in Key West and Fernandez de Bull in Naples, Florida and this was as good if not better. My husband had the traditional cuban sandwhich which he loved. The tres leche cake is to die for.
The second trip there, i had the Ropa Vieja, which was a first for me. I had to restrain from licking the plate. My husband couldn't stray from the cuban sandwich and it was as godd as the first time.
The owners are great, the place is clean, and I fully recommend the Cuban Diner to anyone who will listen.