“Not like it used to be” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 15 Attractions in Marietta
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Water Parks, Amusement Parks
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Just outside Atlanta, this amusement park offers 40 rides on 40 acres and is great for the whole family.
Brandon, FL
12 attraction reviews
“Not like it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

When I was little, I remember my Dad dropping me and my siblings off to have a fun day at white water. Now, going back, I wonder how we were able to go on anything.

I felt like there were so many things I could not take my 7 year old on. Luckily, some of the lines were not too long so we were able to go over and over.

I would not recommend bringing a baby/toddler unless you plan on skipping a lot of things and spending all of your time in the little kiddie area.

The food was way over priced, as is any theme park, but it was not great at all. The chicken fingers tasted a week old. The fries were just gross. The peanut butter and jelly sandwich was like an uncrustable. The kids pack, came with the food you picked out and a cheese stick. DEFINITELY bring some snacks.

Also, there is not really any where to park strollers unless you plan on leaving it at one spot and walking throughout the park and then coming back for it, hoping it is still there.

I will go back. But I will wait until my 7 year old is older and I will not bring the toddler. I wish I was able to go on the rides with the big raft for families, but nope. Had the toddler with us. :)

As far as the crowd...I think we went at a good time because they decided to stay open for one more week before closing up for the year. The last time I went, I had to deal with a lot of rude and inconsiderate people. It was not fun for me. And we didnt have the toddler at that time. So I guess it depends on what crowds you like and the timing.

Atlanta, Georgia
14 attraction reviews
“Crowded, hot and poor food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

White Water would be fun with half the people who are usually there. It is usually jam-packed so that lines are long for slides and food. The food is quite poor. Our pizza slices took about 45 minutes to order and receive. (You cannot bring your own unless you eat in the parking lot.) Wish there was more shade at the place. It is nearly impossible to get a lounge chair to leave your towels and stuff. Restrooms not real pleasant. Bah humbug.

Visited June 2011
Alabama
6 attraction reviews
“lots to do and well shaded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

rent a locker, Some slides and rafts are not easy to maneuver without assistance, wait times on rides can be long

7 attraction reviews
“Love the park, but needs improvements”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I went to this park in 2001 and absolutely LOVED it. We went that year in June. The crowds weren't bad and the prices back then were a little high, but not overly so. There was no flash pass system, and a lot of the kiddie areas had not yet been built, but I far preferred my visit then than I did this time.

On our visit in July of this year, the lines were EXTREMELY long UNLESS you buy the over-priced flash pass (which we did not). Parking is also over-priced, food, drinks.... they search your bags to make sure you're not smuggling in your own snacks and drinks. You have to rent tubes for the lazy river and wave pool, which is competely ridiculous.

I've never experienced this level of price gouging at any other waterpark. The scenery, however is lovely because it is so well-shaded. I still do love the waterpark, but will NEVER go back in July. And if we do go back and take our kids, we will leave the park for lunch and then re-enter. I'm not paying obscene prices for sub-par food and beverages.

Georgia
11 attraction reviews
“Fun in the sun but long lines and not enough tubes for everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Our overall time at White Water was very good. We go almost every summer; this year I noticed some differences. In the Little Hooch, a lazy river, there are free tubes available to use as one floats around on the river. This year there were very few free tubes in the river, I mainly saw the tubes that had to be rented. This situation was also seen in the wave pool, again a shortage of free tubes. I think by providing less free tubes, White Water hopes to rent more tubes. Also it is advertised that if you use your Discover Card anywhere in the park, you will receive a 5% discount on anything. I purchased the water proof wrist band on which you can put any amount of money to spend later as you need to. You can wear the band on your arm on all the rides and then when you want to purchase something, the store simply scans your wrist band and the amount is deducted from the money that you originally put on the ban. I linked my wrist band to my Discover Card and the White Water employee assured me that I would get the 5% off all my purchases. I did not and when I bought the problem to their attention they were able to fix the problem.