“Wonderful Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The James Madison Inn

You added The James Madison Inn to your Saves list
The James Madison Inn
260 W. Washington Street, Madison, GA 30606 (Formerly The James Madison Inn and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Madison B&B and Inns
Atlanta, GA
“Wonderful Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

We really enjoyed the James Madison Inn. The service was perfect. The decor was beautiful and comfortable. We stayed on the park side which is on the street but it was nice to sit out on the porch and enjoy the afternoon. We were able to completely relax. I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton - Reynolds Plantation and I liked the James Madison much better.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
East Hampton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

The friendly staff, attention to detail, lovely furnishings,wonderful bath products, "rain shower head" , gas fireplace and location are just a few reasons that our recent vist was FANTASTIC!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2009

My husband and i recently stayed at the Inn for a Thanksgiving getaway from Atlanta. The Inn was lovely. Our room was large with a cozy atmosphere. We especially enjoyed the large fireplace, and we greatly appreciated having double vanities in the bathroom. The Inn staff were very pleasant and helpful--and being able to walk to everything was an added benefit. Our entire stay was a delight! FJ

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

My wife and I loved this beautiful inn. Our room was clean and lovely, the service was friendly and unintrusive. Madison is a nice litle town with great old houses. We even liked the cemetery!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
blugrassfan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2008

I live in the nearby city of Athens, and i've been to Madison on several occasions just as a day trip. The town is beautiful, and over the past few years, great restaurants and shops have been opening up all over the place. I was talking to a friend who told me that they had built a new hotel in downtown. Upon hearing this I promptly got online and check out their website. The photos of the accomodations looked gorgeous, and my wife and I called and booked a room for the following weekend. When I arrived, I was blown away. I have been to most of the notable bed and breakfasts and "boutique hotels" in Georgia, and the James Madison is just unlike anything ive ever seen. The service was great, the rooms were so comfortable you'd never want to leave, and the nearby shopping and restaurants were fabulous. But more than that, the location of the inn set downtown in this intimate and charming community surrounded by some of the most historic antebellum homes in Georgia brings to mind the days when cotton was king. A unique experience for anyone interested in the history of the South.

• Liked — The rooms and historic surroundings.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gainesville, Georgia
1,161 helpful votes 1,161 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2008

majestic building just off the sqaure downtown madison. well appointed, newly outfitted and spacious. front desk was more than helpful, and exceedingly cordial making dinner reservations, showing us to our room and just being so sincerly friendly. the room was palacial. sitting room with fireplace, king feather bed, large bath, with huge shower. i could have parked my first car in that shower and the ceilings were at least 10 feet tall, meaning i could have put two of those vw bugs in there. each room has a covered porch, patio area that is shared with next room. local books are placed in the rooms to aquaint the visitor with the history, folk lore and lure of madison. room came with a continental brakfast which we usually don't find of much interest. nothing could have been farther from the truth at james madison. fresh fruits berries, melon and citrus, breads, pastries, quiche, sausages and fresh juice in a delightful warm lower level gathering spot. the hotel is tastfully decorated with the works of local artists, along with magnificent chandeleres. this is a gem of a place to stay in an historic small town

• Liked — robesm adn linens were high waulity
  • Disliked — some street noise, but not much., everything was top notch~
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

From the moment I booked my stay at the James Madison Inn until the moment I left the property, everything was outstanding. The accomodations were excellent and it seemed as if the staff had thought of every little detail. The staff and service was fabulous. I enjoyed the books that were in my room for reading, the newspaper each morning and the breakfast and service was so nice. I loved the Oak Room where breakfast was served each morning - it was cozy, comfortable and a perfect way to start the day. I plan to return again and soon. It is a perfect weekend getaway - there are nice restaurants just outside the property and great shopping. I did not get back in my car until I checked out of the inn - everything was very convenient. I highly recommend this property to anyone that appreciates excellence!

Stayed September 2007

Been to The James Madison Inn? Share your experiences!