“Great place to stay for a wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The James Madison Inn

You added The James Madison Inn to your Saves list
The James Madison Inn
260 W. Washington Street, Madison, GA 30606 (Formerly The James Madison Inn and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Madison B&B and Inns
“Great place to stay for a wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I got married in Madison at the Variety Works and were able to just walk over after the ceremony. The Inn is great and all of the staff were wonderful to work with both leading up to the wedding and the day of. We can't wait to go back and celebrate our anniversary there!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I really enjoyed the style and appearance of the inn. I was there for a wedding and it was very convenient - the Oak Room was a great place to socialize. My Mom became ill while we were there and the staff were extremely kind and took care of her while I had wedding duties.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Wonderful place for a quiet night. Beautiful decor and comfy bedding. I would stay here again in the future. I highly recommend. It is located in a beautiful historic area. It is nice short walk to shops and restaurants. I truly enjoyed my stay. Hope to stay there again in the future. Loved it!

• Stayed June 2014
Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We leased all of the rooms at the Inn for my daughter's wedding party, family and friends. I can't brag enough how wonderful Jake and all his staff were to us - both during the planning phase as well as during our stay. The rooms are absolutely lovely! The Oak Room in the ground floor of the property (where breakfast is served) is an awesome space to gather, hang out, and visit. It was well sound-proofed so that even when the partying and music went on late, I was only able to faintly hear music - and our room was just above the Oak Room. The business owners in Madison were great to work with as well - especially Le Petit Jardin florist, Antique Sweets candy shop, and the Variety Works staff. My husband and I will definitely come back for a weekend getaway. Great location not far from Augusta or Atlanta just a few minutes off I-20.

Newnan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I grew up in this beautiful town. After my parents passed away, my sisters and I chose The James Madison Inn as the place to stay when we return to visit Madison. We bring our children, grandchildren, and friends with us and have never been disappointed with the quality. Warm, friendly, top-notch service and accommodations are what we experience on every visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Our visit was only for one evening but was very enjoyable. The Innkeeper (Judi) was very accommodating and showed great southern hospitality and pride in her job. The room was very nice, clean and well decorated. We enjoyed the balcony and the view of the beautiful park across the street from the Inn. The town of Madison was very quaint and charming as was the tours of the old historical homes,

Room Tip: The park view side is nice but is separated by a busier road. We awoke earlier to the sound of cars...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed for one night, the bed was luxurious, room most comfortable, if in winter it would be nice to cozy up in front of the fireplace. Everything is in walking distance to the Inn, there's a market place in the back of the Inn that houses an excellent restaurant and a park in the front of the Inn, which I had the great surprise of watching the local high school band play the morning we where there. The staff at the Inn, they all make you feel like you they have known you for a long time, the continental breakfast is a step up from the ordinary. I would definitely go back and I do HIGHLY recommend this for anyone stopping or staying in Madison.

Room Tip: the park view rooms do face a busy street ( we stayed in one on the ground floor) however we found i...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The James Madison Inn? Share your experiences!