“Bed Bugs !!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Madison B&B and Inns
Georgia
“Bed Bugs !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

I live in Madison ga and stayed here 1 night . 33.95 was on sign they did not specify that it excluded weekends or christmas holidays i was charged 56.95 for a room with no hbo like the brochure said . Bathroom light did not work had to get maintenance. Room was dirty and shower . Best of all was my Dr. bill for bed bugs which was more than the stay !!!!!!!! Stay away . They are also not the Red roof inn they state it is called the madison boutique hotel which cannot be found on the internet . I am contacting American Civil Liberty on this one !!!!

• Liked — Not 1 thing this is a disgrace to Madison Ga . I have lived here all my life .
  • Disliked — False information from the owner/manager,ripped off, dirty, $$$$ bill for bed bugs !!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

the hotel was fine-- we were there for three weeks while we waited for our house in madison to be ready for us to move into-- we had a small dog and they accepted our dog-- the hotel was fine and the people that managed it were nice to us.

Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

Long story short, first room they gave me the beds weren't made and it stunk. Second room, there was mucus and urine in the toilet and the shower was dirty and my daughter got bit by some kind of bugs. Third room had ashes in the toilet and the only reason I looked at the other room (3 strikes your out 3rd times a charm...whatever) was to try and give them the benefit of the doubt....I really just wanted to go sleep in my truck at that point. They wouldn't give me my money back and wanted me to go back to the room where my daughter got bitten. I told them no and I called my credit card company as well as the police. I have a report and I will get my money back. I was only there for 1 and a half hour and they refused to write down the time I checked in and the time I checked out. The officer documented it and took pics of my daughter. I am also going to contact GA better business bureau and the health department. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE, even if you lower your standards to sleep...you wouldn't be able to sleep at all in this place!!! Oh and the officer said they always get called out there and nobody. gets their money back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Gulfport, MS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

Horrible services from this branch Indian manager. She insulted me. I think Red Roof should fire her. The room smelt. Hate it!!! Thinking about staying for 2 days, finally changed my mind to stay only 1 night.

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — Horrible Services from the Indian branch manager. They should fire her and get other one.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

Over-all experience was okay. Reasonable price,hot shower,clean sheets,t.v. and iron worked. Bathroom area was clean.Small refrig. in room was working. Didn't use the coffee maker. Room had a slight odor when we first went in. I'd rather a room not have a smell or smell clean. Carpet could use a cleaning. Airconditioner would come on for 1-2 mins. then kick off..20-30 mins. or so later,it would come back on.No matter what you put thermostat on. We mostly just wanted to use the vent as room noise as it was fall and we didn't particularly need cool air,but we couldn't get it to stay on...We didn't tell anyone in the office.

Breakfast didn't have omelets and eggs as check-in lady had said. They had biscuits and gravy that were good if you microwaved,small muffins you couldn't eat cold or microwaved, apples, and probably cereal. Coffee was good. We enjoyed the other travelers we met while eating...Hubby couldn't find ice to put a little in our cooler.

Over-all, it's a cheaper motel (It was about $65 w. tax..Another lady said she had paid in $40's with a coupon.)and we were comfortable with others staying there.If you like fancy,don't stay here..otherwise,might do. It was $50 cheaper than Hampton Inn quoted (I went into several hotel lobbies that even,comparing prices.) The hotel NeXt to the Hampton Inn was I think Comfort Inn(a block from Red Roof) it had also quoted a reasonable price,had a very clean lobby,nice indoor pool,girl at the desk was friendly..but those omelets at Red Roof (that didn't materialize) sounded good at the time. :-( I would stay here again though...It was okay.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Waynesboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

My fiance and I and our little 6lb yorkie traveled to GA for a graduation. I would not recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends. We were there from May 22nd to May 25th and the maids only came to our room once, And that was after I had called a few times. The hotel states it's pet friendly but your pet is only allowed in the room and not unattended. So my fiance never got to eat breakfast together. We were not allowed to bring our breakfast back to the room. I had asked for two extra pillows, They said they would bring them to us.. And never did. Our cofee pot was broken and took me 2 days of calling to get another one, And then that one leaked everywhere. The free wifi internet didn't work and our TV was so snowy you couldn't watch it. All the ice machines on all three floors were out of order, They claim they had snack machines, I never found one.And last but not least. Our toilet didn't flush...Good luck to anyone else who stays at this hotel.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The Staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
abcAtlGa, Manager at Deerfield Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2008
Our pet & breakfast policy co op with local health dept. so we cannot allow pets in breakfast area. Since we are a pet friendely hotel, to minimize pet cruelty we suggest that please do not leave pet alone in your room. We serve delux HOT breakfast in economy price, and to control food & beverage cost, ( since we are enviroment friendly too, to control weste) we do not allow to take our breakfast in room. Our Breakfast stay open for atleast 3 hours. Aminites in the rooms gets abused some times, but we have very good record of replaceing it immediately.
Grand Rapids
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2008

We stayed here during Masters week in '05 and when we got tickets again this year, I made reservations again right away (Sept.) knowing that things tend to fill up. I was happy to get a pretty good rate directly through the company website. Two weeks ago (January) I received a phone message from the hotel saying that somehow my reservation was cancelled, along with a confusing story about a system problem, something to do with the new year, etc. When I called back and spoke to someone, I was told that I would have to make a new reservation. The only problem now was that the rate was more than double what it was. I suspect they have found that demand has driven up rates and they are simply cancelling older reservations made at a lower rate, just to make more money. I also suspect that I am not the only one they've done this to. I called the corporate office and spoke to a reservation manager who offered to check into it. He agreed that the right thing to do would be to honor the original reservation rate. He called back once to let me know he was still working on it, but two weeks later I have not heard back from him. I have since made reservations at a nearby Hampton Inn.

• Liked — Scaious room
  • Disliked — Reservation process
  • Stayed April 2005, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Deerfield Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!