“A wonderful surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Southern Cross Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Southern Cross Ranch
Save Saved
You added Southern Cross Ranch to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1670 Bethany Church Rd., Madison, GA 30650   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Madison B&B and Inns
Boca Raton, Florida
“A wonderful surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My friends & I stayed here for a weekend recently & haven't stopped raving about the place. Well appointed rooms, professional staff who treat you as their personal guest, delicious meals, all nestled in this most scenic, serene atmosphere. Reminded me of my childhood vacations in the Adirondack mountains. Better than we anticipated, great value, and looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Kennebunks, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I love this place!! I love horses and the southern charm of GA and thought this would be a great place to stay. My mom and I were have a week of vacationing together so this ended up being a place we stayed at along the way. It's such a relaxing place to stay, especially being able to watch the horses in the pasture (where a lot of people go out and walk around to visit them) and to see all the horses at the barn. This trip we chose not to ride but in years prior I did ride. If you are an experienced rider they do allow you to go out on your own to ride the property, something I loved! The food was incredible and I ate too much because it was sooo good. I would definitely visit again someday. I think anyone who loves horses and relaxation should visit here!

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are nice but the larger rooms you get a better location and view. Visit the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

the family atmosphere, the food, and the friendly service is wonderful. they really know their horses and do their best to match you with a horse that you will get along with. when you first ride they give you a saddle that is yours for the time you are there. the trails are beautiful, the food is great, and the accommodation are beautiful and very clean! great family vacation!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
cornwall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a nice place to stay. Ths staff are so nice and nothing is too much. The room I had was a 5cat ( they upgraded me at no extra charge due to a mix up in bookings ) so it had a huge bed, nice and comfy, a remote fireplace, a flat screen tv, and doors into the bathroom, with a whirlpool bath and large shower. There was always hot water at anytime of day for a shower or bath, plenty of towels. The food was great, always something for everyone, the list is too extensive, but everything from bad sugary nice things to fresh fruit and salad. There is a hot tub by the pool ready for a nice soak after riding. Most things you can read on their site about the facilities, but is is the atmosphere that they give to the place that is special, it is a family rn place with family values, have a good time but respect the other visitors....it is lights out at 10pm...you are in a guest house not detatched cabins.......... a few nights i did have rowdy people next door , so that was a shame. Th riding is in the woods, so dont expect great views, once you have been out on a ride a couple of times there will be nothing new to see, so go on the trip to the Hard Labor Creek , you have to pay extra, as the horses are trucked over, but is is nice to have a change of scenery if you are there for a week. The horses are lovely and well looked after, and so gentle. Downtown Madison is only 10mins away and if there is something on there it will be worth a visit...........it is a quiet break away from everything so if you are after too much, don't go there....leave those who enjoy a gentle quiet time to enjoy this place....THANK YOU SOUTHERN CROSS

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I just want to thank everyone at Southern Cross for a great time! I had the opportunity, thanks to my good friend, to experience this wonderful ranch. I especially want to thank our guides "Big Dave" and Elizabeth for a wonderful riding experience. From start to finish (and one of those days being completely filled with riders and missing 5 helpers) things moved smoothly. It totally amazed me how well kept these horses were and how exceptionally friendly they were! The food was great and the room was perfect! Friendly staff, and from what I could see, all guests were having a great time. I loved the added home touch of wondering pets around the ranch. Very homey! Again, thanks to all for a great experience!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

What a great find! I wanted a horseback riding vacation and Southern Cross gave me exactly what I was looking for. Beautiful grounds, wonderful facilities and food, friendly staff, and the horses are wonderful. The twice-a-day 2-hour rides were delightful. Southern Cross chooses a horse for you based on your experience, and you can ride the same horse repeatedly or switch to another if you feel you'd be better matched with a different horse. I was perfectly matched from the beginning. The guides were helpful and attentive, and paced the rides depending on the skill level of the group. My rides were a perfect combination of walking, trotting, and cantering. The groups were small (from 3 to 6 riders). My friend and I fully intended to take advantage of the option to ride without a guide, but we changed our minds due to the active nature of the trail rides. Also the room was even nicer than I expected: large room and bath, clean, nicely furnished. I'll definitely return.

Room Tip: Call and talk to someone there instead of relying on Internet information and email alone. The Sout...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I´ve been here twince and planning my third visit already.

its just the perfect place to be.
In the middle of the nature. great staff and wonderful horses.

Time is running actually really too fast, cause breakfast, barn, lunch , barn, dinner ...
Take a walk on the pasture with the foals, enjoy a fantastic sunset.

The trails are really nice, deers and turkeys included :-)

besides the horses and the atmosphere I loved the hot tub and my bed the most. Best things after a ride/cuddling horses.

So all in all you´ve got everything- most important horses, fantastic food, great location and accomodation and southern hospitality with german organization :-)
-perfect match

Room Tip: all categories ok, depends more on your neigbors and their kids
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Southern Cross Ranch? Share your experiences!