“Clean, comfortable and affordable” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4840 Bill Gardner Parkway, Locust Grove, GA 30248   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Locust Grove
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Savannah, Georgia
“Clean, comfortable and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Desk Clerk was on phone with AAA when we arrived for check-in. A Guest had locked their keys in car. When call completed he was very apologetic and we were checked in with no problems. Rooms are compact but updated. The wood lament floor was a surprise as this is the first hotel I have stayed in that was not carpeted, nice touch since it was clean and not stained as some carpeted rooms are. Downside, only two bath towels and we all know how small most hotel towels are. The morning coffee is brewed then placed in the thermal pots so it was not as hot as it would have been had it been left sitting on warmer. Will stay there again if the need arises. Great price and VERY comfortable bed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to let others know about your comfortable stay at our hotel. We would be more than happy to provide you with extra towels, just give us a call. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Michelle Lassiter, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Illinois City, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Check-In was smooth, the attendant was sitting watching television about to have dinner when I approached the counter, she came from the breakfast area and checked me in. The lobby area was clean with the carpeted area in need of a swift vacuum. Off to my room, the elevator smelled a bit of smoke but upon exit it dispelled. Entering my room was uneventful, it was a double queen which was orderly, nicely appointed but dusty likely from non-occupancy, otherwise no complaints. No foul or off odors. I am highly ocd, the smallest thing can turn me off and away, that didn't happen here. There is a train that run through Locust Grove which rattled my bed a bit but otherwise it was quiet and I was able to rest peacefully throughout my stay. Microwave/fridge/wifi included in the cost and the television had plenty of channels to keep me entertained when needed. There's basic breakfast items available between 6-9 AM, I am not a breakfast person and didn't take advantage of that. There is a safe provided as well. The cost was excellent, $54/night with no surprise charges upon checkout including the safe. I felt safe in the hotel/area at all times of day/night, no pool but definitely still worth staying. I enjoyed my stay, highly recommend and would definitely stay again. My only complaint would be the rain shower head, I would prefer a regular shower head, there's no bath tub.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I know that you mentioned the train, and for those train enthusiast, Locust Grove, GA now has a train viewing platform in the downtown area. If you are able to stay with us again, we do have a few standard tubs in rooms with the 2 beds. Just ask upon check-in and we will be glad to accommodate you in that room. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your return.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Comfortable bed which is VERY important! The room is small but if you are only there to sleep it's fine. I had a problem with check in and out due to their computers not having my pre-paid online reservation. The clerk wanted to charge me again upon check out. Fortunately, a call to the manager and my credit card company squared it all away. I would stay here again. If you pre-pay, make sure you bring your printed confirmation!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
redrfgm, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Red Roof Inn of Locust Grove, GA. I do remember the phone call and the issue and it was immediately taken care of. You had taken advantage of our advanced pay feature on the Red Roof website and received a discounted rate but you had to pay in advance. That is always a good tip to have your confirmation and information so if there are any issues at check-in at any hotel it is easier to resolve and find the error. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your return visit.

i0622@redroof.com
Smyrna, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I work in Griffin, GA, commuting from Atlanta, and had two shifts tightly packed. I hit the Roof for a brief stay before my early morning shift. I always like to mention the price point, about $50+, significantly lower than many other hotels in the area, setting it apart from others in that regard.

The hotel is not easy to locate. It is tucked away, but findable if one looks for it carefully.

The rooms are distinctly smaller, but very clean and as everyone else has noted, attractive, with a recent update. Laminate wood floors are different for most hotels, but they are much cleaner.

Night staff was friendly. I was unable to stay for breakfast, since my shift was so early. I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are located near Griffin and easy access to Atlanta. I am glad that you got some much needed rest before returning to work for your next shift. I hate that you had to basically do a turn around, but I am glad that you chose us. See you again!

Oconto Falls, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The staff are always polite with smiles on their faces. Check in is always a simple task. My brother has stayed here many times, & I have stayed here with him a few times. The rooms are always clean, comfortable, & sleeping is easy. You can't say that about very many places. There isn't a pool but everything else makes up for it. I highly recommend it for a good nights rest. There is also the continental breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our staff. We always try to make our guests feel welcome and appreciated that they chose us from many other hotels in the area. We know that you have choices and we are glad that you chose the Red Roof Inn at Tanger Outlet Center. We look forward to welcoming you and your brother with our smiling faces on your next stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Upon entering the hotel it was just like the pictures listed. It's a little difficult to find since is hidden off the street behind a McDonald's. The night front desk receptionist wasn't as pleasant as the day (check out). She said she'd email me my reservation confirmation which never happened but that's fine. The room was small but still cozy and adorable, especially for the price since it was a last minute idea. Very modern room, loved the bathroom, took a while to figure out the lighting but realized it wasn't needed anyways. I was taken aback by the Safe in the room (never saw one in a hotel) as well as the Hardwood flooring (unexpected)-it would've been nice to have an area rug in front of the bed. I missed breakfast so I can't comment on it. Check out was funny, very pleasant, no issues. Overall nice hotel, great price, and convenient location for when I just want to get away overnight... I'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for choosing our NextGen Red Roof Inn as your home away from home. The lighting over the beds can be a little tricky because they are dimmable. It makes the room very modern instead of having the lights on the wall. We look forward to seeing you again.

puerto rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

the hotel is well located just of 75 plenty of places to eat around the area. just a short walk to tanger mall. hotel has no pool but location and hotel staff will make up in help and attention. we requested a room on the first floor even thought we had a room saver coupon they granted our request.

Room Tip: just ask and the staff will be more then helpful.