“Very Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Locust Grove
zionsville IN
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on 4/12/13 on our way to FLA from Indiana. Some people complained that the rooms are small, but we stayed in a king bed room that had plenty of space for us, our dog and our 2 bicycles. The room was clean and well appointed and the staff was more than friendly. The bedding and towels weren't all that nice, kind of thin, but for $70 a night I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our property. We want to be your home away from home and we are glad that you found our accommodations satisfactory. We look forward to your return in the very near future.

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The main part of the room was small, but it was nice. The hardwood floors were nice, there was a big screen tv, and the showers were nice. The room we stayed in had a full bed, but it was comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to let others know about your stay at our hotel. It seems to me that you did choose one of our smaller rooms with just one double bed. We also have kings and two double beds available and the room size is somewhat larger. We are located just "Comfortably South of Atlanta" at the Tanger Outlet Center. We look forward to seeing you again.

Kouts, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

On our way to Disney we stayed at the Red Roof Inn (3/23/13) based on the good reviews it received. Staff was very friendly and the room was clean. The only down side was that the room was small. That was the first thing my 7 and 10 year old kids said when they walked in the room. Breakfast area is also cramped and the food was OK. On the plus side the room rate was the best we could find on the day we went.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us on your way down to Florida. We are glad that you enjoyed the rooms. We also pride ourselves on the friendly service we extend to all of our guest. Our hotel is your home away from home.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just an overnight stop with the pups. Room was very clean. Beds were very comfortable. Front desk staff very friendly. This hotel was brand new. Really like the upgraded red roof look! Felt like i was staying at a lot classier hotel than Red Roof!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with your "pups". As you know all Red Roof Inns are pet friendly and welcomes them. Many of the Red Roofs are updating their rooms to the new decor. The brand definitely has a new modern look. We look forward to being your home away from home.

Grove Hill, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I'm looking at location, price, safety- OK so far. If you see the worn out Huddle House sign, that's your turn. If you're hiking, you can get in quicker than I did.
Fell into bed, it was OK. Woke up in the AM to the sound of a beat cop rousting a bum on a park bench with his billy club. No, it's just the elevator. Opened my eyes and saw a large object hanging over my head, suspended by two thin wires. Relax, it's just a light fixture. A heavy light fixture. Couldn't help thinking about that poor family struck by the sign at the airport. Room was heated but I didn't find the source. Wall heater/ AC was off all night so I thought a little extra heat would be good and hit the button. The smell of burning dust or something covered the room before I could turn it off. It still smelled at checkout.
We were after a real breakfast so we walked up to the Huddle House. Returning to our room I found a tiny sign stating we could have had our meal at a 20% discount by showing our room key to the waitress but the clerk just wanted to talk about the continental breakfast during check-in. Maybe next time.
If you like lots of racks to hang your stuff on, Red Roof does not. There was one hook in the bathroom and a coat rack at the door. Then you have the bathroom door handle, the toilet, the ??????? The lights were adequate until I wanted to shave and put my contacts in. I guess dim is chic. If this is some Euro thing, that usually falls flat with me.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for giving us a chance! I was a little concerned about the park bench for a moment! I am sorry that you did not enjoy the modern design of our rooms. I am somewhat surprised about the lighting in the bathroom, due to the fact that it has 2 lights. I hope that when you are in the area again that you will give us another try.

Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We booked a room here based on earlier reviews but were a little disappointed. First the pros - the room was clean, staff was very friendly, and Wi-Fi was fast and dependable. Now for the cons - rooms were noisy. At 1:00 in the morning we could hear a TV from somewhere and could hear people moving about above us. The rooms didn't have carpet throughout, which I initially liked because it seemed cleaner, but soon realized that you could hear luggage rolling on the floor above us. The breakfast was your typical continental breakfast (minus fresh fruit), but there was seating for only 11 people so most people either had to stand and eat or take their food back to their rooms. Probably wouldn't stay here again due to the noise factor.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I am so sorry to hear you had a bad experience due to noise issues. I am assuming that you stayed with us on a busy weekend and therefore did experience more noise problems than usual. I really hope that you will give us another opportunity and perhaps request the third floor since there would be no one above you. Always let the staff know if you have any noise issues and we will address them to the best of our ability immediately.

Thomasville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Since my husband and I are on the road most weekends,we have to find bargains. We had never stayed at a Red Roof before but read the.positive reviews and decided to try it. The positive reviews were right. For this price, you can't go wrong. The rooms are immaculately clean and the modern decorum added to it's charm. The staff was kind and courteous.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for trying us out! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again when travels bring you to our area. Hope you can spend some time shopping at Tanger when you are here again.

Michelle Lassiter, GM

Been to Red Roof Inn Locust Grove? Share your experiences!