“next gen rooms are perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Locust Grove
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4840 Bill Gardner Parkway, Locust Grove, GA 30248   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Locust Grove
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“next gen rooms are perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

you cannot go wrong with this hotel.Last week I stayed for three days on business. When I arrived at my room I was impressed. Everything is new anad the hardwood floors are a great look. The lighting fixtures and furniture are ultra modern. The bed is very comfortable and love the pillows. The room was totally clean . Loved the flat screen TV , the desk was a roll out and it was against the wall with the TV surrounded by long shelves. I could work with my ipad and see TV at same time. The service was great and there was a free breakfast that was great. If you have to be away from home this is a great place to be. Locust Grove is a nice place and there is a Tangier Outlet very close by. I felt safe at this Hotel and good resaturants also nearby. Could not find anything wrong with this place

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. The NextGen hotels for Red Roof Inn are very modern. Our hotel was the first one built to the new specifications. Our location is very close to shopping, and restaurants. The décor not only includes flat screen TVs, but refrigerator and microwaves in each room, and the showers are glass with rainfall shower heads. We are in a very safe area and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to your visit again.
Michelle Lassiter, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Godfrey, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We grabbed a coupon book from a GA rest stop and booked at this property because of price and they are pet friendly. The reservationist was so friendly and patient. The room was a very pleasant surprise. Hardwood floors, overhead "rain" shower, coffee pot, safe, fridge, microwave, ironing board, hair dryer and a very comfortable mattress! The location was also an advantage. I walked to the Tangier Outlet Mall which is located behind the inn. There is a nice Mexican restaurant, Mc Donalds, Taco Bell, KFC, Arbys next door or within a short walking distance. Also plenty of other sit down restaurants close by. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel. As you know we have all of the amenities of a higher end hotel or boutique but we keep our pricing moderate. We are "Comfortably South of Atlanta" at exit 212 at the Tanger Outlet Center. The location is perfect for shopping and eating without having to get back in the car. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I needed a cheap place to stay for an overnight and this hotel caught my eye because of the rave reviews. The price was right as well at $50 per night so I booked it.

Like previous travelers, I found the staff exceptional. I booked the 18th of the wrong month yet the staff accommodated me, kept the price I booked, and gave me a king bed room rather than a full size. Very nice!

The hotel looks like it's new or remodeled because everything looks nice. The rooms are different with wood floors. I can't say I like them or dislike them. What the management will have to watch out for is that you can see every little spec of dirt against the dark wood so the cleaning staff will have to keep them spotless. The good news for guests is that you will be guaranteed a clean room if they can keep up. I found the rooms to be some of the quietest I've stayed in which was a huge plus.

The bathrooms are contemporary and nice. The showers are designed without a door. Cool design but some water does splash out onto the floors making them slippery. Must use the provided towel mats. The shower also felt a little cold because of the open door design and low flow shower head. I had the water on the hottest setting and still didn't warm up the way I would have liked. Wouldn't be a problem in warmer months.

The TV's are nice. My only comment is that they are slow to "turn on". I thought mine wasn't working it took so long to see a picture after the power button was pushed.

I wasn't as impressed with the breakfast as other travelers. It was a choice of 3 cereals, some baked goods, and make your own waffles. I skipped it and ran to McDonalds which was right next door.

Finally, location. The hotel sign is low and since the hotel is tucked behind other buildings and there were several semi trucks in the parking lot, I had a hard time finding it. I got in after sunset and left early in the morning so it was always too dark to see the area. I can't pinpoint why but I didn't feel that comfortable traveling as a single woman. I am sure if I had someone traveling with me I would have felt better. I stopped at the outlet mall next door and didn't feel comfortable there either. That is the reason I moved my rating from excellent to very good but may be completely wrong about my feelings if I returned on a bright sunny day.

Again, great price, comfortable room!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about the NextGen Red Roof Inn. As you can see we offer great rooms and service at a reasonable price. We are working with local businesses and the city in order to add signage at the road. We share a driveway with Huddle House, BP, and McDonalds and it is hard to see us in the back. We look forward to seeing you again.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Yes - wow!. It's been a long time since we stayed at a Red Roof Inn. We were more than pleasantly surprised by this "next gen" Red Roof Inn. Loved the hardwood floors as they mitigate my dust/mold allergies that carpeted rooms induce. Themostat controlled heating/ac units eliminate the problems of either a too hot or too cold room. The decor is modern and fresh. Our king bed was very comfortable, nice flat screen tv, fast internet and love the "rain" shower head. The breakfast is also very minimalist and we took a pass. The front desk staff were very friendly, efficient and helpful. Bottom line -we'll stay in other "next gen" Red Roof Inns and will definitely book this again if we find ourselves in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the Atlanta area. Look on the Red Roof website for other properties that are updating to the NexGen décor. It is definitely a new look for the brand.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Outstanding place to stay, totally redone in new decor, love it. Best Red Roof I've ever stayed in. I never stay at Red Roof due to past experiences, but took a chance on the new modern Deco and was not disappointed. Too bad all Red Roof Inns don't look like this.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
The NextGen design for Red Roof Inn is definitely different. Many locations are beginning renovations to update to this new design as much as possible. Since we were the first of this new design there will be differences. Look in the Red Roof directory or on line and the updated inns are marked. Thank you for taking a chance on us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful location... My husband and I stayed here back in November and I was excited to be returning to stay this past week. I have stayed with many Red Roofs and this is by far the best yet! Pleasant staff, great location and beautiful room! I would like to add a special thanks to the manager Michelle she really goes above and beyond!!! I will be back keep up the Great work!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you fo much for your kinds words. It is always a delight to have return guests to our property. On their second visit they are just family. Thank you for making the Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, GA your home away from home. I hope you had the opportunity to get some shopping in at the Tanger Outlet Center. They have expanded again. Look forward to seeing you again.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Red Roof, Locust Grove (I-75 exit 212, at Tanger Outlet) while traveling south to Florida Everglades for a week of sun and fishing. Picked this Red Roof because of other Trip Advisor reviews and was not disapointed. Just fine for overnight stay however must say that the "Euro / Modern" decor was not to our usual taste. Staff friendly and facility was clean. Do wish that hotels would not use those little pillows on the bed and in place of the half dozen small give us our the two kings we use on our king bed at home. Just why do all hotels seem to have gone to the smaller, multiple, pillows on the king or queen beds?

Room Tip: Travelers staying at this interstate exit should consider going into Locust Grove for dinner at the...