“Above and Beyond” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ohio
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Outstanding place to stay, totally redone in new decor, love it. Best Red Roof I've ever stayed in. I never stay at Red Roof due to past experiences, but took a chance on the new modern Deco and was not disappointed. Too bad all Red Roof Inns don't look like this.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
The NextGen design for Red Roof Inn is definitely different. Many locations are beginning renovations to update to this new design as much as possible. Since we were the first of this new design there will be differences. Look in the Red Roof directory or on line and the updated inns are marked. Thank you for taking a chance on us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Michelle Lassiter, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is a beautiful location... My husband and I stayed here back in November and I was excited to be returning to stay this past week. I have stayed with many Red Roofs and this is by far the best yet! Pleasant staff, great location and beautiful room! I would like to add a special thanks to the manager Michelle she really goes above and beyond!!! I will be back keep up the Great work!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you fo much for your kinds words. It is always a delight to have return guests to our property. On their second visit they are just family. Thank you for making the Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, GA your home away from home. I hope you had the opportunity to get some shopping in at the Tanger Outlet Center. They have expanded again. Look forward to seeing you again.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Red Roof, Locust Grove (I-75 exit 212, at Tanger Outlet) while traveling south to Florida Everglades for a week of sun and fishing. Picked this Red Roof because of other Trip Advisor reviews and was not disapointed. Just fine for overnight stay however must say that the "Euro / Modern" decor was not to our usual taste. Staff friendly and facility was clean. Do wish that hotels would not use those little pillows on the bed and in place of the half dozen small give us our the two kings we use on our king bed at home. Just why do all hotels seem to have gone to the smaller, multiple, pillows on the king or queen beds?

Room Tip: Travelers staying at this interstate exit should consider going into Locust Grove for dinner at the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
It was great having you stay with us during your recent travels through the Atlanta area. I am glad that you do your research about hotel lodging and see what other guests have to say. Our guest is what counts. As far as the pillows, it is a brand standard to have the "smaller" pillows because they can go in any room. Perhaps I should order some king pillows to have as a special request. Thank you for the idea. Look forward to seeing you again.

Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The New Gen concept is possibly the coolest I have ever seen! I have stayed in a few Red Roof Inns and the brand is certainly becoming a major competitor in the industry. I understand that all Red Roof Inn's will soon reflect the New Gen concept. I look forward to this new design in all Red Roof Inns. The only negative that I have is the frosted window seperating the "bedroom" from the "bath". For a couple, it is Fantastic! Not sure if the double rooms have the same frosted glass separating the room into the bath, but as far as family oriented, it may not be very accommodating. I was very impressed that Jerquan Griffin, who checked me in, actually called my room, given time to get settled, to be sure my room was acceptable. All I had to say was "wow"! I must commend housekeeping, CB particularly who was the housekeeper of my room, Great Job! I will definitely recommend the Red Roof Inn to all friends, family and associates. Thank you for a job Well Done! I must add that the location couldn't be better!!! Tanger Outlet is within walking distance!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know about the great rooms and service at our hotel. The frosted glass is a decor in all the rooms and has not been an issue with families. Many of the Red Roof Inns are updating to the new design and are noted on the website and in the directory. We look forward to your visit again. I will make sure to share your words with the staff.

Thomasville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is not your typical Red Roof Inn. When I think of Red Roof Inns from my childhood, I wouldn't exactly call it a fond memory, but this particular location has been updated. It is more contemporary like an Aloft hotel complete with hardwood floors and frosted glass between the shower and headboard. It is not recommended for a place that you are sharing with a coworker or someone you're not as familiar with, but I was traveling alone. It would also be good for couples.

The lobby is nice and clean and they offer a continental breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for the king room if you're traveling alone. I think all of the rooms face a parking lot.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mlassiter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn of Locust Grove, Ga. I am glad that you gave our hotel a try even though your memories were different. I am glad that we have changed that for you now and look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My partner and I stayed here on 12/31-1/1/13 because we were in town for a New Year's Eve party. There aren't many hotels to chose from in this area and since we have already stayed in La Quinnta Inn several times (great property), I decide we'd check Red Rood after reading the awesome reviews here. Sure enough, the Next Gen rooms are cool and trendy with dark, hardwood floors, platform bed, plasma tv and modern bath. It is, however, very small so there really isn't much to do besides lay in bed and watch tv or sleep. As we got dressed, my partner and I kept bumping into each other or stepping aside to let the other pass. Lobby is blah but not a show stopper. All in all, good bang for your buck and if we were ever in the area, we'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful comments about our NextGen Red Roof Inn. It is very different than the traditional Red Roof rooms. I am glad that you took the pictures especially of the rainfall showerhead showing the water.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stopped overnight on the way to Tennessee, trying to be in position to beat the Atlanta rush hour traffic. A little cramped getting in and out, due to the proximity of the gas station and restaurants, but not bad overall. This is one of Red Roof's "NextGen" properties. Very stylish. Excellent staff. Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
redrfgm, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Locust Grove, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. I am glad that you found us and hope that you will be back on your return trips to this area.

Michelle Lassiter, GM

Been to Red Roof Inn Locust Grove? Share your experiences!