Gladys Knight & Ron Winan's Chicken & Waffles
Cuisines: American
Lithonia, Georgia
“Poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Way over priced for the quality and what you get---and server was rude will never come here again fast food better that this and I don't care for fast food. but at least you get something for your money

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Woodbridge, Virginia
“We cleaned our plates!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My co-workers were ranting about this restaurant in Lithonia. My husband and I were spending some time in Atlanta so we decided to see what the excitement was all about! Well, this restaurant did not disappoint! My husband had smothered chicken and when he was finished, you couldn't even tell what he had ordered. I tried the chicken and waffle plate because I had never experienced that combination before. I was not disappointed. From the moment we walked into the door until we left, everyone was professional and friendly. The food was excellent--delivered at the right temperature. The collard green spring rolls were excellent. Another must try. We will definitely return to this restaurant the next time we are in the Atlanta area.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Best Chicken & Waffles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was my first time experiencing the whole chicken and waffles (aka Midnight), and I was definitely pleased! My family and I were seated within minutes, but it took our waitress awhile to come and serve us drinks. We ended up with a new waitress who did a great job. Outside of that, the music and food were on point! Also, try the catfish basket!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“It's not Rosco's or Chicago Chicken and Waffles but it will do!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

During our trip to ATL, we wanted to find out what restaurants we must try out so we came across this one. We were picking up my nephew who lives in Lithonia so we decided to go to this location. We put the address in our GPS and it took us to the This is It chicken chair down the street. If this happens to you, just drive towards the mall on the same side of the street.

As someone who has eaten at Rosco's in LA and at Chicago's Chicken and Waffles, this was just okay and maybe the same level as Chicago's Chicken and Waffles (food only). Here is why...

Pros
- They have a veggie option. Choice of 4 veggies with corn bread for $10. This is rare!
- Veggies were cooked in turkey rather than pork.

Cons

- The wait. We sat there for about 10minutes before anyone helped us.
- It was more expensive than either Chicken in waffles in Chicago or LA. We must have been paying for the name.
- my nephew order the 10 wings basket. On the menu you can choose between fried, buffalo, and another flavor. He asked to have 5 fried and 5 buffalo. The waitress told him "No, there are not substitutions and request can not be made".

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Just like a home cooked meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Good was good, nothing special to write home about. Service was good. Nice music. Fried corn was awesome!! I would definitely return!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere