“Excellent Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lithonia
Concord, New Hampshire
“Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

After our bad experience in the Quality Inn Ft. Jackson, SC, our travels took us to Atlanta, GA, where we chose on-line a Fairfield Inn & Suites. I knew that Marriott properties had a good reputation since the company where I worked had a corporate rate with the Courtyard in town. There were 4 adults and one 10-mth old baby in our group. We arrived very late in the evening. We were greeted with warm, friendly smiles and assistance at the door to locate a rolling cart for our many bags. My husband enjoyed the lighthearted conversationwith Mitchell at the front desk being that he is a fellow Navy veteran. We checked in and quickly found our room on the 2nd floor. The hotel lobby was beautiful with a fireplace, two lounge areas and a kitchen/dining room off to one side. There was a large bulletin board that had a calendar with local events on it. The room was fresh, clean, beautifully decorated and did NOT smell like stale smoke like the Quality Inn did. We were exhausted so took after showers we all went straight to bed. In the morning, I went to the dining room to investigate the continental breakfast. I was warmly greeted by Penny who had the biggest smile and bright eyes. She asked me if she could help me and then told me to let her know if there was anything she could do for me. What a pleasant way to start the day! There were many items to choose from and Penny told me that if my family was too tired to get up for breakfast, she'd give me a box that I could take some juice and cereal up to them for later. No matter when we came in or out of the hotel, someone greeted us warmly and sincerely. We spent 2 nights at this hotel and we were actually sad to leave. Penny and Mitchell were at the front desk when we left and they were so helpful. If we ever go to Atlanta again, we definitely would stay at this hotel again! Thanks so much!!!

Room Tip: Search on-line...there are several good websites.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

We stayed in this Fairfield Inn for 4 days in November, 2010 for the last few days of our vacation. It was a very nice and clean hotel. It looked like it was fairly new. We had a problem in our first room and since the hotel wasn’t that busy, we were upgraded immediately to a different room which was a bit bigger than the original. It was really nice. It had a living room with a TV, a little nook for a mini fridge and microwave and a large bathroom. My favorite thing about the room was that the bedroom was a totally separate room with a door. That way if I wanted to watch TV without disturbing my Husband, it wasn’t a problem. The bedroom had a King size bed with a two drawer nightstand on either side of the bed and a desk with a lamp. To me, the bed was really comfortable because it was on the softer side but not overly soft. There was a large closet in the bedroom with a shelf and hangers. There was also a nice closet in the living room. Our room, #406, was located near the elevators but we really never heard any noise. The towels and wash cloths were really nice and fluffy.

The air conditioner kept the room a consistently cool temperature during the day when it was warm. We turned it off at night and the room remained comfortable.

There is a laundry room on each floor with only 1 washer and 1 dryer ($1.00 each).

The pool was fantastic and the hot tub was wonderful. They were both so nice I had a hard time deciding which one to enjoy.

The breakfast was standard fare – make your own waffles, cereals, yogurts, milk, juice, coffee, pre-made egg sandwiches that can be microwaved, bread for toasting, danishes, apples, bananas, etc.

There’s a mall in close proximity to this hotel with a handful of restaurants in the area as well. There’s an Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday, McDonalds and a Steak and Shake. (We ate at the latter for the first time ever and it was really good.)

We also visited Stone Mountain Park while in Georgia. It was fantastic. It's great for families and it's beautiful.

The only negatives that I have (and they are small) are that there is no in room safe and the shower curtain was a bit too short.

Overall, I’d definitely stay in this wonderful hotel again if I’m ever in the Atlanta area. The staff was super friendly and helpful and the hotel was really really clean.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed an extra night because we enjoyed the hotel so much. The staff was very pleasant. Everyone went the extra mile to make sure our stay was great. I would reccomen this hotel to anyone. The general manager even greeted us at check
out and made sure our stay was perfect.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
birmingha Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

The hotel was nice , we asked for a blanket and had one delivered to our room within minutes. The hotel was filled with Auburn and Gamecocks fan's but everything went great . The only thing i would recommend is that they up grade to bigger TV's in the room's .

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

Located in the Stonecrest Shopping Mall, this hotel is conveniently right off Rt. I20. Friendly, funny staff accommodated my requests for late check out and to switch rooms as the first room was right at the elevator alcove and I planned to sleep late. Both rooms were clean and fresh-smelling. Linens were crisp and, with the current bedbug scare, I made sure to check the mattresses and they were new and clean. I loved the bed but my fiance felt the bed was too soft - he's 230lbs. though so I would guess his experience would be different from mine at 125lbs. I have stayed at this hotel three times and will return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights with a church group. Hotel is very clean and comfortable. The location is great...surrounded by all kinds of shopping and restaurants. Only one complaint...no refrigerator or microwave. I'm thinking the reason is to discourage bringing food into the rooms, which I can understand...but I prefer to have them. If for nothing other than keeping my bottles of water cold. So I had to bring my cooler...which I would have preferred not to have to do. Overall...great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009
GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

My family and I only stayed one nite at this hotel, but the experience was awesome! The staff was absoltely wonderful! I know that may be hard to believe, but, this is all true...
Ms. Barbara was on duty; let me just say that the Marriott has the best manager. There should be a picture of her whenever you see the word customer service. she displays customer service better than anyone I have ever had an encounter with.
First, when I booked our room, I requested a lower level due to my fear of elevators and my moms disability. Well wouldnt you know, all rooms avail were on the forth flr when we arrived. Well when I told her of my request, she helped us and changed our rooms. And she let us check a little early due to my moms disability. Later, she called our rooms to check on us and made sure that we were comforable, she made sure that we knew about the breakfast (yes it was very good-HOT food & cold cerel) the best thing was... THE ROOMS WERE VERY VERY CLEAN and everything worked NO problems.. well, the bed was a little too soft for my taste. But that's nothing to complain about. Later that night, another staff memeber assisted me, when I told her that the Iron had ruined my son's shirt, she quickly gave me money for the laundry and soap power to wash it. And she replaced the iron. Folks, let me tell you, this was the best case of customer service I have ever expereinced... I am so happy that we choose this hotel. It's very very clean and it is in the best location................................. absolutely wonderful.

Don't forget to ask for Ms. Barbara!

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The beds
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia? Share your experiences!