“New hotel, but a disappointment” 2 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Lithonia
Madison, Mississippi
“New hotel, but a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel is quite new and is very appealing from the interstate. The rooms are also nice, but the cable was not working properly and my husband wanted to watch football games. We were told to go to a local sports bar to watch the games. The following morning, after showering, I discovered there was no blow dryer in the room. My husband went to the front desk to get one and was told they didn't have anymore. Thankfully, there was a Target nearby. I did, however, have to go there with wet hair in 50 degree weather. We will definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have stayed here before and I cannot express my disappointment with my stay this past week. I typically enjoy Hyatt Place Hotels as they are predictable, comfortable and have great customer service. This location provided none of this and I do not plan on visiting this location again.

We arrived late (around 11 pm) and when walking in, there was another guest at the counter waiting to purchase a drink. There was another group of guests in the lobby and one went behind the counter to get a muffin - we thought he worked there. Turns out, he was tired of waiting so he went back and grabbed the food on his own. After about 10 minutes of waiitng, an employee came out and then shortly thereafter, another one appeared. Although both apologized for the delay, they were not sincere. We were checked in and went to our rooms.

The hallway on the 4th floor reeked of marijuana and I was shocked. My room was near the elevator (which I have noted in my Hyatt profile to have a room away from the elevator). I understand that requests cannot always be accomodated and thankfully, the room was not too noisy.

The AC/heater could not regulate well and was extremely noisy. In addition, the remote buttons were so worn, they were hard to push. Lastly, the bathtub was gross. It was very stained/dirty (all I could think of was a good soaking of bleach would help this) and the drain was broken. The stopper was just sitting in the tub and it is one that should be attached. If someone had a child, I could not imagine giving them a bath in this filfthy tub - nor would they be able to since the stopper was broken.

Upon checkout, there was not a receipt under the door. I went down to get a print out, but no one was there to assist. We waited for a few minutes but no one appeared.

Overall, this hotel needs a good cleaning - of both the rooms and the customer service of the staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Lithonia hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We walked in our room and everything seemed ok until I checked the bathroom. The tub was filthy! All the dirt, grime and grease from previous people were trapped in the grains of the tub! I asked for another room and it was the same thing! The third room....same thing! The girl at the front desk physically checked the other available rooms and guess what??? Same thing!! She tried her best to accommodate my family and I but I just couldn't overlook the facts. I didn't travel from New York to Georgia to bathe in a dirty tub, so at 1 in the morning I moved my family to the hotel a few buildings away and loved it! I will never attempt to stay at another Hyatt Place!

• Stayed August 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This Hyatt Place was very busy the night we stayed. We arrived pretty late at night, around midnight, if there were many people just standing around in the parking lot, which is a little strange to me. Anyway. Nothing to complain about other than children running the halls past midnight. Great, comfortable room. Hot, tasty breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Augusta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Hyatt Place hotels have nice, comfortable rooms at all their properties. The Lithonia staff was particularly good. They make sure all guest needs are attended to. This property is about 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta There's a large shopping mall next door.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed one night at hotel, and it was great. Room was VERY spacious!!!! Even had a sofabed in the room. I would definitely stay here again. Also the breakfast was great, love the glass and china too. Nice Touch!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

A great hotel, close to shopping and resturants. The staff were friendly and very helpfull. A great breakfast. Rooms are large, well kept as is the lobby and sitting area. Free wireless, huge TVs. I recommend and wouldd stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta-East/Lithonia? Share your experiences!