“New Year's Eve visit to ATL 2012-13” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Business Plan Package
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Lithonia
Arlington, Virginia
“New Year's Eve visit to ATL 2012-13”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel is staff was great. They were friendlt as well as helpful with all of our requests. The hotel was clean and the area felt safe and comfortable. Convience of having a large mall across the street was a big plus for us.

The biggest con was something I have never ever expeienced at a hotel. The soap provided by the Hyatt smelled so bad that I thought something was wrong in the room when it was first used. The staff at the hotel is clearly not responsible for this item but this should be remedied quickly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Holly Springs, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights and the staff went over and above to accommodate me. They allowed me to check in early and practically choose my room. The GM and guest services representative, Iisha, were two of the best in the business. They genuinely cared about my stay and followed up to make sure I was happy. Bravo!

My only concern is with Hyatt Place in general. Many of their properties are aging an looking worn. The last three I stayed at had couches that looked like they came out of a dorm. I am not sure if the materials are made for business hospitality; Hyatt needs to allow their hotels to constantly keep the rooms fresh because business travelers are loyal but only until the next shiny hotel opens. This happened to Hampton, which is why I became a Hyatt man.

All in all great people who made my stay extra special.

• Stayed December 2012
Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I would like to thank Pearl,Jessie, Kim, Liz, these people are the best. The lack of attention to detail was a problem at frist, but Peral went above and beyond her scope of duties to rectify the problem. After my second stay, I noticed that the rooms and carpet were much cleaner. All thats needed now is new entry furniture . Remember, first impression is very inportant .The morning breakfast was also good.

REV VIP.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The lack attention to detail shows in this Atlanta area hotel. The fridge in the room did not work at all. The room was mostly clean just not as good as Hyatt properties usually are. The morning breakfast offerings did not look good at all!! Open bowls of fruit, uncovered and looked like it had been out longer than it should have been. Several platters of what looked like hot sandwiches but again looked like they had been out exposed for a few hours. There were lunch salads in the cooler at 9AM which makes one wonder how long they leave them out??? The location is excellent for shopping.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Booked the hotel trough hotwire. It was a fine hotel, good location, easy to find. Big shopping mall on walking distance. Very nice rooms, helpfull staff. Small bar, but everything zou need.
Would book the room again if the price is right. From there we made great escapes like stone mountain.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was my first and last time staying at a Hyatt Place Hotel. Maybe I just got a bad room but it was not clean. Since they were sold out and it was 3 am when I arrived, I could not switch rooms or hotels so I had to clean the room before I could go to sleep. The carpet had black spots and black hair all over it. I had to break out my hand vac with my Woolite carpet cleaner and get busy. This is my favorite thing to do after traveling for 3 weeks and driving for 6 hours after working a 50 hour week. I would have complained to the staff but I don't think they would have really cared with it being so late. This hotel got great reviews so I thought it would be OK but I was sadly mistaken.

Marc F.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean room and inspect the room before committing to staying in it...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Lithonia hotels

Maumelle, AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed here one night when in town for business. I'm not sure if I got a suite or what but it was huge! I felt like I had my own studio apartment. The room was great but the rest of the hotel just didnt seem very clean. I was going to order some food but the area in kitchen with the screen just didt feel clean and there were crumbs everywhere. Good thing is that it's located close to lots of restaurants and the mall! I just went to Buffalo Wild Wings. Overall a good stay. Room was clean, rest of hotel especially food area could use some work. Probably won't stay again.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta-East/Lithonia? Share your experiences!