“Old and Worn. BUT Clean and the Staff was great” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 11 hotels in Lithia Springs
Long Island, NY
“Old and Worn. BUT Clean and the Staff was great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Have to say that the staff and the hotel was very clean. However, this is a very worn out property. Room had stains on the carpet, old air conditioner, old bed, and just really really worn.

New Courtyard's are much nicer and much more updated.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The place is old and smells . Ceiling tile falling , dirty carpets and just run down looking inside.Marriott standards...no..! When we checked in it smelled like musty old motel and our room for 5 had 2 towels . The beds were small full size and hard with thin blankets. It was raining that day and our window was leaking water and the ceiling tiles were falling down in hallway.The following morning at breakfast my kids were told it was ten dollars each and a lady was guarding it and sure enough they charge for breakfast but in was included with my reservation so the clerk at the front desk ,with a dirty look, said "well I guess you can eat now".The food was nasty , cold and waffler marker broken.To post this review it need 200 words . I guess they wanted that because not many people want to waste their time posting bad reviews but I for one want to warn fellow travelers about the ..dump !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gulf Shores, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I'm more of a 3.5/5. I think the service was outstanding, however the hotel seems dated. Housekeeping does an exemplary job keeping this hotel clean, however the owner needs to consider renovations. In my room, the curtains were torn and a musty smell was covered by air freshener. With that said, the room was clean, beds were FANTASTIC, shower pressure was awesome, linens were great, and every member of staff greeted you upon contact, offering to assist! The staff really show great pride in the hotel, which is literally 5 minutes from six flags!

• Stayed July 2013
Laren M, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Six Flags, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We welcome and appreciate any feedback we receive! It is truly a big help. Indeed we do have an awesome team here at our property! Satisfaction is our goal for our guests, and at the same time deliver excellent customer service from top to bottom! We are so excited for our up and coming renovation scheduled at a later date! I hope that if you ever come back to the area, you will choose to stay with us again, especially to come check out our new product once the renovation is comeplete. Again, thank you for your business and come back to see us!
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

3 night stay in connection with a business trip -- good location for my purpose, service was friendly & courteous, room was clean, so overall an average to good visit. Some of the furnishings could use refreshing, and the breakfast seemed a little pricey; however, there were quite a few choices ranging from cereal to oatmeal to fruit and yogurt on the "serve yourself" breakfast bar, and although we didn't have anything "cooked to order", that option was available. One of our rooms was right next to the elevator, and we were a bit worried about that, but never heard it, so good sound insulation! Pool was not available 2 of the 3 nights we stayed, but they arranged for us to use adjacent property's pool area. Desk manager saved me tons of time on a trip across town by checking on an alternate route to my destination ~ which also kept me from being stuck in traffic due to a huge pileup on the Interstate! Thanks for going the "extra mile" to get me where I needed to go!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Laren M, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Six Flags, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate any feed back that receive from our guests! I am pleased to hear that your stay for the most part was enjoyable! Let me first apologize that you were unable access all of our amenities while you were staying with us! I am glad that the Guest Service Representative at the front desk was able to provide an alternate way for you to swim. However, that is not our desire to send our guests elsewhere. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Our breakfast has somewhat changed since you were here. We have taken into consideration many comments about our breakfast menu and options. We have added more options to the Continental buffet as well as the Hot buffet. We hope that if you ever choose to stay with us again, you will be better served and satisfied with our new options. Again, thank you for you valuable feedback.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was a bit concerned when I had to wait several minutes before someone came to the front desk to check me in. I became more concerned when I saw stains on the hallway carpet and the lock protection plate on the room door. My room had stains on the carpet and floor and worn furniture and bedding. I went to the excercise room and found workout equipment that was ten years old and just worn out looking. If I paid a Motel 6 or Comfort Inn price for a room at this property I would not feel as bad but then again I feel that a Courtyard should have a minimum standard for property and room condition. This Courtyard fall below what I would consider the minimum standard.

Room Tip: Top floor because 1st and 2nd floor get noise from the room above.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I booked this room through Priceline and was very pleased. The room and bathroom were huge. There were 2 adults and 2 children in our party and we had plenty of room. The bed was very comfortable. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I just stayed the one night here but we had a great time. We were greeted with a smile and efficient check in even though we were early. Any staff we encountered greeted us and the room was clean, as was the bathroom. There was no shampoo but no problem as the chap at reception was more than happy to give us some. We took a swim in the hotel pool and sat in the jacuzzi. Again, very clean. There were no towels which would have been nice but I spotted that before we went down and so took the ones from the room. We lay outside on the loungers and caught some rays. On our way out to the Drive-in there were fresh warm cookies at reception which I thought was a nice touch. There is also free wii fi in the room and coffee in the lobby. You do have to pay extra for breakfast but I am a late sleeper so I never eat it anyway. The beds were clean and comfortable and we had a great nights sleep. Also we booked with priceline so we got a great deal. Yes, it is an older hotel but we enjoyed ourselves so no complaints here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Six Flags? Share your experiences!