“What we expected...” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
USA
“What we expected...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We just got to Atlanta from North Dakota and wanted to stop somewhere by our hotel for lunch before hitting the city. This Shoneys had a good looking salad/fruit bar buffet thing that could be added to any meal for $3.49. We didn't get that but the fries are good and the prices are LOW! Good service but establishment is sort of dated. I give 3 stars because it is exactly what I expected from a Shoneys but not outstanding in any single way.

Visited May 2012

Mableton
“Love It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Their breakfast buffet is awesome. My kids love it. And it's just as good as I remember it as a kid. I love it. I will be going back often.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“New and improved?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

We had a good experience. I haven't been to Shoney's in years, but ended up going last weekend. Got caught in a bad storm so pulled over and went in, but we were the only people in there on a Sat evening, so we were concerned that it was going to be horrible. The server told us they had remodeled and had new cooks when she came to the table. It was sort of out of the blue, so I guess she was trying to explain why the place was so empty. Maybe we just looked as scared as we felt. The salad/ food bar was clean and good. We ordered off of the menu and everything was great. I think they've fixed the problems, because we didn't have any problems with bad food or cleanliness.

Visited January 2012
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Food bar is gross, place is just not nice at all. Servers are speedy, but it's hard not to be: there were only about 4 people in the entire restaurant. This store should close.

Lithia Springs, Georgia
“Don't waste your time.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

We went in at 4:00 p.m. and were informed that the buffet bar wasn't set up until 5:00 p.m. A week later we went in at 7:30 p.m. and I ordered hot chocolate. The cup had a bright red lipstick impression on the side. The bar didn't look fresh. The vegetable soup had about one inch left in it and looked yucky. The potatoe soup looked dried out and yucky. My wife attempted to order the "Sunrise Surprise" which is a breakfast item that is offered all of the time according to the menu. They informed her that they were out of grits and bisquits. We left the restaurant and won't be back. This is a shame as I have always liked Shoney's and I think this is a management/service issue and hopefully is just local and not at all Shoney's.