“Nice property” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 hotels in Lithia Springs
Maryland USA
“Nice property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Plenty of parking and located away from the main road. The outside is well lit and well kept. Pool closed because of the season but looked nice and well kept as well.
Check in was quick and efficient. My room was on the 1st floor and room was clean, bed comfortable and had all the Candlewood amenties as expected. HVAC worked well and was quiet. Two LCD TV's worked well. Only complaint was the loud footsteps in the room above me but that seems to come with the territory when you stay on the first floor anywhere. Wireless internet was sporadic and could be further improved which I read they are working on.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor to keep noise to a minimum.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sheila M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I-20, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Panther61,
Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites Atlanta West for your stay. We appreciate your feedback. We thank you for your positive review of our rooms and your check in process. We apologize about our internet issues, we have recently changed providers and hope that this will improve our connectivity. We thank you again for choosing our location and hope for you to visit us again.

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

New hotel, nice rooms, fresh, mostly clean although elevator was dirty. Bed and pillows very comfortable, nice A/C operation.
Check in took longer than it should have.
This should have been a 5 but the totally dysfunctional wi fi proved otherwise. I had read of some issues of wi fi at this hotel before booking but took a chance. The pain and agony of trying to get it to work was too much and the front desk could only give me a 800 number. Instead I used my smartphone as a wi fi hotspot.
A good stay except for wi fi--be forewarned.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I-20, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Phaser ,

Thank you for your feedback. It is lovely to read that you liked your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We regret your stay was negatively impacted by the challenges you experienced with the internet service. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Crawfordville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on 7/30 & 31/13 and it was nice to stay in such a brand new hotel. The room was roomy and comfortable and does have a nice kitchenette area with a full size fridge and cooktop and microwave, which is much nicer than the normal mini fridge and microwave you usually find.
The only thing I would find detracting is that they don't "bring" fresh towels etc. daily but you can get them if you take the dirty ones to the front desk. This would be a none issue if you only stay one night or don't care about having clean towels daily. The elevator is also EXTREMELY slow. Overall this was a nice hotel and in a decent area and has a nice pool and nice shower.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sheila M, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I-20, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear MJN1968,
Thanks for choosing Candlewood Suites Atlanta West for your stay. I do apologize about our delayed response to your review. We thank you for the positive feed back about our rooms. We are an extended stay hotel so our housekeepers only service the in house guests every seven days, where as most nightly hotels have daily housekeeping. We have had a technician come out to attend to our elevator troubles and can only hope that you and your family will choose to stay with us again.
Commerce, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I booked this hotel even though it had very few reviews because it was a great price and was only a few miles from six flags. I had a one bedroom king suite, suite was very spacious, included 2 flat screen tvs one in living room, other in the bedroom, couch also pulled out into a bed, I had four kids with me and we all enjoyed our stay, I was able to grill out by the pool while the kids were able to swim. The hotel staff was friendly and tried to accomodate all my needs. The only complaints I had was the elevator was extremely slow for a 4 floor hotel, I was unable to get wifi to work unless I was down on the 1st floor, and I was not told that I would be charged a $25 refundable deposit fee, which had to be done by credit card only, this was by no means a huge deal, but it would be nice to know something like that before booking. Overall great experience, best thing was the bed was extremely comfortable :) Will be going back next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sheila M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I-20, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thanks for choosing Candlewood Suites Atlanta West for your stay. We are so glad your family got to enjoy the pool and our grill area. Thanks for the feedback on the elevator. We've had our technician come out to service it. Look forward to seeing you next time.
Alabaster, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

New hotel. Opened up on Thursday May 23, 2013. Was looking for a hotel close to Six Flags Over Georgia for a short staycation for myself and family. Only 3.5 miles from Six Flags. Very reasonable rates. Tucked behind car dealership but very quiet. Realize the quirks of opening up a new hotel, but would have given a 5 rating if wireless internet was not so slow and pool was operable. According to staff, pool awaits inspection before availability. Being new facility, everything was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: No restaurants on hotel side of interstate. Restaurants on opposite side of interstate and do requi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay at the brand new Candlewood Suites Atlanta West. Due to our opening just before the Memorial Day weekend, we were not able to receive the county inspection for the pool. Pool is now open and crystal clear for swimmer's enjoyment. Hope you will come back to try it out.

Been to Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I-20? Share your experiences!