“They call this a marriott?? Shame on them!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Lithia Springs
Belleview, Florida, United States
“They call this a marriott?? Shame on them!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The only thing good about this motel is it was close to Six Flags and Turner Field, other then that...complete garbage!!! The hotel staff are no help at all when you have a complaint!! We spent 3 days there because we had 5 people there and it was impossible to find another hotel in the area that could get us all into the same room during the same time frame. Let me start off with the first day when we arrived, we only had 2 towels in the room and when my brother in law pulled out the couch bed the mattress had springs poking through...they tried to switch out with another room which that mattress was just as bad...tried the pool and hot tub, yea right, so much chlorine that it burned our eyes and the hot tub was as cold as the pool...as the day ends, we try to get on the computer at the end of the day, yet no wi-fi in the room like we were told there would be....when I asked the guy at the desk, he said he would come up and fix it...yea right, he never showed up! As day two begins, we take a shower and the tub won't drain, for 5 people, it turns into a deep bath tub full of water....disgusting!! Still, holes in the mattress with springs sticking out and no wi-fi...we call down and ask for 2 more blankets...2 hours later, my brother in law goes down to the lobby and gets them himself...are you kidding me??? Day three was the same as day two, except we had no house keeping...no clean towels, no trash emptied....when I complained to the manager at the front desk, he tells me he is sorry, but there isn't anything they can do for us, we paid through a 3rd party...excuse me, I called the marriott reservation line and she booked it for me...every excuse in the world these people had....worse hotel we have ever stayed at and you can guarantee we will never stay there again. If you want descent, avoid this place at all cost!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Booked this location during visit to Six Flags. As a Marriott Rewards member I was a little disappointed as I don't think this property was of neither Marriott quality nor the Springhill brand name. First room we checked into I took my shoes off and carpet was completely wet. Changed rooms and the furniture seemed a little old/worn out. Elevator was extremely slow. The worst part of this stay is the breakfast. I don't know when it became socially acceptable for people to wear their pajamas to breakfast but it always turns me off to see large woman in their boxer shorts or night clothes while I am eating breakfast. People definitely clean this breakfast out as you watch overweight people dump tons of sausages on their pancakes. Had an indoor pool Spa was almost as cold as the pool.Doubt I will stay again.

Room Tip: Elevator is slow so wouldnt stay on 3rd Floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our trip to Six Flags and was very satisfied with it. The room was clean and very spacious. When we had loud neighbors in the room next to us, a hotel employee was able to take care of things and was fast about it. The area is also nice and close enough to the park (just an exit over). I would recommend staying here to anyone who is going to spend the weekend at Six Flags.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel is a dump. The rooms are filthy. We stayed here for two nights and not once did the maids clean the rooms nor give us clean towels. At 3 am there was a fire alarm which required us to evacuate the building. We stayed on the third floor. The emergency doors where locked!! No staff in the facility after 11 pm. The Firetruck came about 30 minutes into the ordeal, no sirens, not even concerned. They cleared the building within seconds?! Still no staff.
The pool area is disgusting, from hair to used bandages- you name it.
The breakfast was thrown together. I wouldn't even feed a animal that junk. I am horribly annoyed that we had to pay for this mess.

• Stayed June 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We were literally here for 8 hr - just to sleep, and should have complained, but just wanted to sleep and leave. Very run down/out-dated. Dirty - see posted pics. Holes in the pull out mattress and fabric on sofa. After getting to our room had to go back down to get linens to make sofa bed up. Shower floor was sticky with other people's hair in it. Wouldn't walk on floors without socks - didnt even let my kids bathe there. It just seemed dirty all the way around. Easy check in and I will say the breakfast was good. Pool area looked nice, but we didn't use. They really need to update and focus on cleaning this place, as for me...I'll definitely be staying elsewhere on my next visit to ATL.

• Stayed June 2013
Chapel Hill, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stay in Marriott's every week. I stayed here for the first time because it is hard to beat a price below $90.00 for a hotel these days. It is on the east side on Atlanta maybe 15 miles or so. This is one of the older Springhill Suites but it is still in good shape. It is typical of this chain, good rooms, decent breakfast, good overall experience for a no frills location. There are numerous restaurants within 5 miles or so. The only negative is there are no restaurants you can walk to. I would probably stay here again when I have business on the east side.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Athens, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stay here a couple of nights every spring. Just a couple of years ago the hotel was remodeled and it is still in nice shape and well maintained. The breakfast is typical of the chain and is well operated and stocked. Rooms are clean and the property grounds are clean. However, on this trip our room had only 2 towels and no soap, shampoo or conditioner on check-in day. I went down to the desk and asked for a 3rd towel and some soap and was rather rudely asked "how many are in your room?". I replied there were 2 in my room and my wife, like many women, uses 2 towels so we would need 3 towels. I was given the soap and towel. The next morning I discover the 3rd towel was in worse shape than the rags I use for car washing. It was thread bare in several places and the hem was coming out of one end where it was frayed. The next day the maid service left fresh, nice towels for the next morning along with more soap, shampoo and conditioner. Our experience was not the end of the world and did not ruin our trip but it did make us wonder about the hotel management and their motives for being stingy with the towels and soap. We are Marriott platinum rewards members and expect better of Marriott.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Springhill Suites Atlanta / Six Flags? Share your experiences!