“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Columbia, SC
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

We enjoyed our stay here very much. The rooms were clean and spacious. The included breakfast was very good. The service from the staff was excellent. We would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

This is a wonderful hotel. The staff was very friendly. The room was really nice too! The work desk was comfortable to sit at while I worked on my computer and I had FREE internet access and I was able to watch TV on a nice big flat screen. The bed was comfortable with nice linens. The bathroom had a really pretty pedestal vanity. Breakfast in the morning was great and FREE. I was able to drive to downtown Lawrenceville and see the historic area of the town. It was very cute and I had a lot of places to choose from for lunch. For dinner I was able to walk a block or two to some great places each night I was there.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights while visiting Atlanta for a family reunion. My husband, myself and 2 year old were in one room with king size bed. We had a fridge and microwave in our room as we requested this type of room at the front desk. My mother-in-law and her friend stayed in a queen bed room.

In the first room we stayed in the tv did not work and the toilet flush was temperamental. They tried to fix the tv but could not, so we were moved to another room. Also shampoo and conditioner in bathroom were half full.

The hotel is a good location next to a strip mall which has a large supermarket (kroger).

The free breakfast (from 6-10am) was good, lots of selection, breads, biscuits, eggs, grits, cereals, muffins, yogurt and fruit. Beware of the cut up fruit, it was rotten every day. It had gone off, rather dangerous I'd say. The whole fruits (bananas, apples) were ok. Server at breakfast has excellent service, friendly lady.

Free high speed internet available in the lobby.

Small outdoor pool has some dead bugs in it but that did not stop some guests using it!

Overall a decent choice for budget-concious families. Nice to have microwave and fridge option in some rooms.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Columbus, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2007

My 5-star rating of this hotel doesn not mean that I believe it has 5-star accomadations. If you're looking for that, book a stay at a Four Seasons or Ritz. But, for $79 per night, this place offers a great bargin. The rooms were very nice; decorated tastefully with dark furniture and crisp white linens. No tacky polyester floral bedspreads here! I also liked the bath arrangement, with a modern sink and plenty of decoratively- folded towels. I didn't like the hair dryer placement- It was too far from the vanity. The exercise room was adequate. There is an outdoor pool as well. Breakfast was ok- instant oatmeal, a variety of cereals, fresh fruit, and breads. The coffee was very good. The lobby area is spacious and neat. The staff was friendly, too. Basically, I'll give a hotel a favorable review if it exceeds my expectations- this one does!

• Liked — Clean and neat
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2006

Very clean hotel and rooms. Only problem is I can go to a Sleep Inn and pay $20 less for a room that has bigger beds and a comparable breakfast. I doubt I will stay at another Hampton Inn.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Hampton Inn Lawrenceville? Share your experiences!