“Delighted with Suite” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Strathaven, United Kingdom
“Delighted with Suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed for just a couple of nights but were highly delighted with the Suite and facilities offered. The living area was large with a sofa and chair, coffee tables, lamps and large TV, adjoining was a small but full kitchen. The bedroom was ample size with large TV and side tables and a washing area and vanity unit adjoining. Bathroom with shower and bath were just off this area.
Situated in what seems to be a business area the hotel and surrounds were quite quiet and peaceful. We arrived late at night and asked reception if there was anywhere around we could eat, she suggested a few fast food restaurants not too far away but also mentioned that there was a Pizza button on the phone in the room if we wanted one delivered to us. We did just that. Ordered a Pizza which was delivered 20mins later - it was just what we needed after a long day traveling and we didn't even need to leave our room. The next night we found a good Japanese restaurant not far away.
Breakfast in the morning was a very pleasant surprise. We knew that it was just a serve yourself buffet and didn't expect too much, it was however very acceptable and well presented. Good selection of pastries, bagels, toast, fruit, yoghurts, eggs, bacon and cereals.
Overall the hotel was an excellent choice for business and pleasure trips in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to hear when when are amenities are appreciated. We do have a lot to offer and guest satisfaction is important to us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
fayetteville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Attended a wedding. All of the guests stayed in the hotel. They kindly grouped all the wedding party and guests together so we could visit after the reception. Breakfast was great in the morning !!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who asks.. in fact I told my husband.. I will NOT stay anywhere else again !!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and your event.
We enjoyed having you!
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We always try to stay at a Homewood Suites when one is available. It is directly across the street to Discover Mills and great for New Years when attending Medieval Times. There is a Hampton Inn next door, but we prefer Homewood Suites because you get so much more for your money and it is cheaper too. The staff are always friendly and professional.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy that you were able to enjoy the Sugarloaf Mall and Medieval times which is so much fun!
greenville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I choose this hotel because this hotel has 2 queen beds instead of two twin beds(many other hotels have). if you travel with your family, especially with young kids, you will like this hotel. However, the price is little bit higher than other hotels around.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. All of our suites have pull out queen size sofa beds so even with a King suite there are options!
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I highly recommend this hotel for any family vacation.The breakfast and dinner was great every night. The location was great for shopping. Hotel staff was very friendly at all times. This was a very quite and clean hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Teamhomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your review.
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and the local area.
Perhaps we will see you again!
Anderson, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

If you are looking for a hotel to host a group, this is it! The managers reception eliminated the need to go out for dinner after traveling all day. Everyone in our party was very pleased with the overall service and accommodations. The extremely large breakfast area is very relaxing and the fireplace in the winter is inviting. There are very nice conversation areas around the fireplace and a movie room!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are thrilled that your family enjoyed the visit and their stay here. Thank you for your compliments. We do strive to offer the best service and are happy to see that you were able to use the lobby and media room for a nice visit!
Brandon, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Being a frequent traveler and spending as much as 21 days of the month on the road, I tend to visit extended stay hotels like this one. This one in particular surprised me, and not always in a nice way. The 'full' kitchen included a over the counter plug in stove with only one burner. Thats right, there is not a range or even two burners for you here. It felt smaller than most Homewood Suites I visit. Some of the staff are very enthusiastic while others seem to lack that drive. I believe I interacted with Maurice for a simple request, he didn't handle it properly and felt my request was somehow unreasonable. I asked the room be serviced within a 2 1/2 hour window in the middle of the day. Being a diamond member with Hilton I was sure this would have been done by the time I got back. I was disappointed, when I called and asked Maurice he didn't provide an answer to satisfy my disappointment, but rather called the maid to come immediately to the room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites.
We regret that you were dissapointed. We do not have stovetops because the county did not allow it when this hotel was built. We do accomodate guests requests if they need another burner and find that the removable hotplates allow space for other uses.
We should have been able to accomodate your housekeeping request and I will look into this.
As a Hilton property we do appreciate your Hilton Honors Diamond status!

Been to Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth? Share your experiences!