“Nice Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Lake Villa, United States
“Nice Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My check in was was the fastest of any hotel ever! Room was nice, close to the Gwinnett Center and some great restaurants. Nice breakfast area. Outdoor patio and pool looked nice, although we didn't have time to partake. Very pleased.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hillk1025, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Thomas M.,

Great to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and thank you for sharing your feedback with TripAdvisor. We value the comments we receive and appreciate it when a guest takes the time to share them. We look forward to your return.

Kevin Hill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Orangeburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is was our third stay at this Hampton Inn and they continue to improve it. They have completely redone the breakfast area, putting the coffee in the lobby. What a difference! Those that only want a cup of coffee can get one on their way out the door. The breakfast seating area is now much less crowded and inviting. Although we didn't use it, the business center area was revamped and is more spacious.

The front desk staff are just outstanding. This is a 5 star hotel disguised as a Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing Sugarloaf Pkw. They are noisy until late in the evenning.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
hillk1025, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Oburgtravler.,

Thank you so much for your continued business and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor, we greatly appreciate it! I am glad to hear that you like the lobby renovations and enjoyed your stay with us again! I will be sure to share your comments with the team! We look forward to your return.

springfield, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel is in a nice location and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay near the highway going through the Atlanta area.
I tend to reserve 5s for hotels with all amenities such as a resort that is over the top, so the most a hotel like that would ever be eligible for is a 4 from me as it has no restaurant and no special features. The breakfast was fine, but not fantastic. I thought the food available was pretty good, but it was so crowded it was hard to access. The Hampton Inn in Atlanta was just so good the night before I was spoiled. The breakfast there was really good and like a restaurant setting with a great view. It's location downtown is rather phenomenal if you have kids going to the sites.

The rooms were fine and I would stay at this location again if needed to be close to area. However, there are other hotels that are probably just as good.

I would have likely given this hotel a better review if my first impression wasn't negative. When I walked in around 10pm with my 8 year old son, there was a line of people at the front desk. Some were new guests and others were checked in guests with requests or needs. The lady behind the desk was doing all she could to try to keep up with the line and the phone calls that were coming in at the same time. Another worker was just standing there watching her. She was likely a supervisor, but was much younger and was obviously needs some business training. Rather than assist the person who was working, this person watched us standing there waiting without trying to help the customers. I can understand that some monitoring of employees is appropriate, but not when there are literally lines of customers needing assistance. You get your butt behind the counter and help. She did not do this and it was annoying. I felt sorry for the worker and so didn't say anything at the time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
hillk1025, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear tpowellwow,

Thank you so much for being our guest and sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor! I greatly appreciate any and all feedback that we receive as it gives us the opportunity to make necessary corrections and prevent other guest from experiencing anything not 100% Satisfactory! Please accept my apologies for the poor check in experience, if there is anything I can do to make up for it, please let me know!

We hope you will give us another chance if ever in the area again!

Paramus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend visit. Upon arrival, I immediately noticed how clean and well kept it is. The desk staff greeted us warmly and they were very professional. The room was clean and inviting. There is a complimentary breakfast from 6 to 10am that is unbelievable. The staff that services the breakfast keeps its well stocked and is constantly refilling coffee so its never runs out. totally awesome! It is apparent that the staff pays attention to detail. Outdoor pool area is pretty and there is a weight room. Anyone staying in this area should definitely check out this hotel.

Room Tip: my room was on the third floor facing back of hotel. it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tina M.,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

A truly memorable stay at a first class (5star) hotel in my opinion. On arrival, greeted by very professional and helpful staff, and it only got better from there! Exceptionally clean, modern, well kept facilities that was only exceeded by the attitude and dedicated staff. Will recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hillk1025, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Hampton Traveler,

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was a guest at the Hampton Inn Atlanta 3/22-24/13 to attend a wedding. The hotel is very nice and clean and the location is prefect. There is a mall right across the street which is a plus for me. Xavier, greeted us with a warm welcome, pleasant and accommodating. I would highly recommend your hotel and will be my hotel of choice when visiting Atlanta. Yolanda

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hillk1025, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear 861YolandaS,

Thank you for writting a review of our hotel! We appreciate the feedback and appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience with us! I will be sure to share your comments with Xavier and the rest of the team! If you are ever in the area again, be sure to look us up! We would love to have you stay again!

Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This Hampton is the Best it felt like home away from home and the rooms were clean and service was great!!!! If i could stay at this locacation everytime i go to Atlanta I would my daughter love it and we was not to far from the mall and we was there for a basketball tournament. When all fell the Hampton experience will put a smile on your face.

Thanks Hampton

Deena Marshall

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Deena M.,

Thank you for writting a review of our hotel! We appreciate the feedback and appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience with us! We are so glad to hear that we were your "Home Away from Home!" If you are ever in the area again, and need to feel like you are at home, be sure to look us up! We would love to have you back!

Kevin Hill

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta - Lawrenceville I-85 Sugarloaf? Share your experiences!