“Exceptional two-star” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Valdosta Days Inn Lake Park

You added Valdosta Days Inn Lake Park to your Saves list
Valdosta Days Inn Lake Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4913 Timber Drive, I-75 & Hwy-376 Exit 5, Lake Park, GA 31636   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lake Park
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Exceptional two-star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

My husband and I were traveling to Florida and because we went through Georgia very early to beat a snowstorm, we arrived at Lake Park around noon on a very rainy day. As soon as I walked into the bright, lovely lobby with coffee and sofa, I was delighted that our reservation was here. The young woman at the desk had no problem checking us in that early. The bedding, lighting, towels in the room were all very good. It did not have an interior corridor, which I do prefer, but other than that it was very good. The bathroom floors had a new tile and I believe the bedding had been recently upgraded, including the microfiber blankets. The in room coffee maker was set up with coffees and several tea bags. The next morning I was also delightfully surprised to see the lovely breakfast room with large windows, & round marble cafe tables. Food included: waffles, toast, bagels, boiled eggs, applesauce cups, cereals (in boxes not those dispesers open to crawlers), real half-in-half for coffee, teas, juices,and fruit. Absolutely the best breakfast for typical 2 star. (The only thing that could have made it better would have been additional tables as the four seemed to be a little limited. I left before I was finished to make room.)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
DorthaSmith, Manager at Valdosta Days Inn Lake Park, responded to this review, March 1, 2010
Thank you so much for your wonderful critique response of our hotel. We love to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay here and have great things to say about us. We hope that you will stop and see us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Charlotte,NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

Very nice people and helpful with the reservations. The rooms were clean and neat and it was so nice to have a place to stay when we travel wit the dog. I would stay there again on another trip!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
DorthaSmith, Manager at Valdosta Days Inn Lake Park, responded to this review, February 15, 2010
We appreciate your kind words about our hotel. We look forward in seeing you in the future.
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Very friendly front desk agent and large clean, quiet room with comfortable bed. I stop in Valdosta often running between Tampa and Atlanta and this is the best place I've stayed, especially for the price and considering that breakfast is included. You can find cheaper but not a better buy for your dollar.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Champaign, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

Roaches in room, The lady at the front desk was very apologetic and helpful. She put us in another room a couple of doors down. The toilet overflowed in that one, no problem that will happen however, they did not have a plunger or anyone to take care of it. She put us in another room very close to that one.
The breakfast area was clean ,no one was eating there, usual waffle and cerea,milk and juice. Not the worst I have stayed in, but I got tired of moving my family room to room after driving all day.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

I was hesitant to stay at a Days Inn, I had old thoughts of that hotel chain... I usually travel the Hampton Inn, Marriotts, etc. Our friends were already staying here so decided to try it too. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. It was so clean and fresh, maybe they've recently renovated, I don't know. Great price and with free continental breakfast.
I would stay here over and over if in town again.

Thanks!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

Every once in a while you come across a hotel you just need to brag about. I travel a lot for business and stay in this price range hotel. Check in was pleasant and normal but the part that got to me was the attention to detail. Because I like to write reviews I look for things. The room was very clean, no nasty black spots in the shower or on the carpet. It had a plasma tv and just clean. Went to breakfast (great food)and it was by far the best decorated little eating area I have seen. After complimenting the front desk person she went on to tell me about the history and owners and how they did business. I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

We stayed here with our 3 kids on a trip to FLA recently & could not have been more pleased. Very clean room; grounds were very nicely manicured; staff was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Valdosta Days Inn Lake Park? Share your experiences!