“Great hotel, best I have stayed at in this price range” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Valdosta Days Inn Lake Park

You added Valdosta Days Inn Lake Park to your Saves list
Valdosta Days Inn Lake Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4913 Timber Drive, I-75 & Hwy-376 Exit 5, Lake Park, GA 31636   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lake Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, GA
“Great hotel, best I have stayed at in this price range”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

Every once in a while you come across a hotel you just need to brag about. I travel a lot for business and stay in this price range hotel. Check in was pleasant and normal but the part that got to me was the attention to detail. Because I like to write reviews I look for things. The room was very clean, no nasty black spots in the shower or on the carpet. It had a plasma tv and just clean. Went to breakfast (great food)and it was by far the best decorated little eating area I have seen. After complimenting the front desk person she went on to tell me about the history and owners and how they did business. I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

We stayed here with our 3 kids on a trip to FLA recently & could not have been more pleased. Very clean room; grounds were very nicely manicured; staff was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
lakeland, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

We were traveling in April and read the reviews of this hotel. We usually stay at hotels that are of a finer quality than choice hotels, however, we were very pleased with this facility. Because of late arrival we decided that we would take a chance and we were pleasantly suprised. Very clean, very confortable, pleasant smell, a great nights rest. I would certainly return to this hotel and highly recommend this location to someone like us that was looking for a clean and safe place to spend a few hours sleep, this is the place.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Louisville, Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

Staff very friendly, Breakfast was excellent. Service was top notch. Room was very clean. Easy on and off the interstate. Near quick service restauants. No issues.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

We stayed at this hotel on our way to a family vacation in Florida. After driving for 16 hours we were carrying our luggage into our room and we discovered a 2" flying roach flying around our room. Upon further inspection we also found a smaller roach. We captured the smaller roach & took it to the front desk. The clerk at the front desk informed us that it wasn't a roach it was a "Palmetto" bug & told us they are very common in Southern Georgia. I had never heard of a "Palmetto" bug so I looked it upon our return to Illinois. A "Palmetto" bug is also known as an "American Cockroach"!! She did give us a new room to sleep in. It was only a few doors down from the old room. None of us slept well that night. We were all worried the hotel was infested with roaches. We were also told upon check in that we should have reserved our room with the hotel directly instead of using the Days Inn website because we could have saved $10.00. So the next time you want to stay at a Days Inn call the hotel first to check the rate that way you can avoid the hassle we encountered. The clerk told us she could not give us the discount because we had arrived after 6 p.m.. My husband spoke with the manager the next morning and she gave us the $10.00 discount ONLY after learning of our cockroach experience. It took a LOT of talking to get the $10.00 off. We will never stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — Closely located to I-75.
  • Disliked — The roaches in our hotel room.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
DorthaSmith, General Manager at Valdosta Days Inn Lake Park, responded to this review, March 3, 2009
Dear Guest,

Sorry you had the incident with one of our southern pests during your stay. We try very hard to prevent this type of occurence but unfortunately mother nature wins this battle once in a while.
as you may recall we discussed your situation at checkout and resolved the issue satisfactorily. If I am mistakened about this please feel free to give me a call at the hotel.
We look forward to being your HOST in the near future and sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and your family,

Yours in Hospitality,

Dortha Smith
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2006

I was there for 6 nights with my 2 kids. Beautiful pool area, sparkling clean, great continental breakfast and the staff could not have been nicer!! The beds were firm. but comfortable. (I don't like squishy beds) and the room was large and VERY clean.
The exterior was beautifully landscaped and very well taken care of! I will definately stay here again! Terrific rates! (53.10/night on the weekdays with AAA)
I saw the other hotels in this area during my trip. I was glad I chose this hotel!!! You will be too!

• Stayed May 2006
Clearwater, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2006

Booked the room online for a quick stay to go to Wild Adventures and found a local coupon book for a rate ten bucks cheaper, but could not use it since I already booked it. They did let me stay a second night at the lower rate, so that was nice of them.

The stay was sort of shabby in that I had to use all 3 ice machines to get one full bucket of ice, they were out of shaving cream and hair conditioner and the beds were pretty hard. Breakfast was muffins and cinnamon rolls that you could buy in plastic wrap from the gas station, regular coffee, OJ, cereal, oranges and apples and 'just add water' grits. I suppose it was okay, but I was hoping for some bagels, bananas, waffles (high hopes) and better coffee.

I usually dont like to complain, so i didn't say anything to them since the price was right and I still had a good time at Wild Adventures. On the upside, the rooms were clean and the AC was nice and cold. If I had to come back though, I probably wouldn't stay here.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Valdosta Days Inn Lake Park? Share your experiences!