“Service with a smile” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in LaGrange
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Service with a smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I booked a room so I could spend Thanksgiving with family who did not have enough room at their house. Room was clean upon arrival and cleaned by housekeeping during stay. The front desk was helpful in modifying my reservation. One of the better Hamptons in the chain.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Jjmat49022 - I'm glad you selected our hotel for your Thanksgiving visit with the family. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back to LaGrange soon!

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The room was large and comfortable. There isn't anything at this exit except the hotel but a short ride to the next exit on the Interstate has lots of restaurants (we ate at the Longhorn Steakhouse and it was great).

I would have to agree with a previous reviewer that our room did have a strange smell (not upsetting, but just noticeable) that after being in the room a bit we did not notice any more.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
mike3412 - Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming you back soon!. If there is anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable or productive, please let me know.
boston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Clean room and bathroom...breakfast was complimentary and served its function well. The only minor complaint was that the omelettes were like you would get on an airplane. Waffles, muffins, fruit, cereal were excellent. After we left we realized that we had left our e-reader device in the room. We called and they found it and offered to mail it to us. Overall a very good value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John G - Thank you for your kind words, and your support of our hotel. We want to be your "home away from home" when you travel to LaGrange, so if there is anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable or productive, please let me know.
We appreciate your business, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Norcross, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stay in this hotel about 6 times a year. When I stay it’s for multiple nights, so I’ve got to know the staff very well and they have taken the time to get to know me. I’m very fond of this hotel, both for the quality of staff and for the value in quality of the room.
One example of why this is such a good hotel comes from the manager, who you will often see chatting with guests at breakfast. I’ve consistently noticed that when the manager is conversing, he is fully engaged in his conversation and never looks around to see who else is coming and going. It’s a little detail like this that really impresses me and shows me that the manager of this hotel really cares about his guests, which in turn is reflected in the staff.
As a location it’s a little out of the way from restaurants, but this makes it a very quiet location and a short trip on I-85 N to the next exit and you have a good choice of options.

Room Tip: Because of it's location, both east and west site rooms are very quiet. I like the lower level r...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Peter M - It was a pleasure having you as our guest and thank you for the glowing comments. We love the peace and quiet our location affords! If there is anything we can do for you please do not hesitate to let me know. We appreciate your trust in us, and can't wait to welcome you back.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here as part of a work trip.

What can I say this is a real 2 star motel however the best one in the area. In the middle of the bible belt of the south so don't expect anything to be opened past 6pm - everyone either hiding at home or praying in church which is fine I respect that..

Rooms average size, both rooms that I stayed at had a nasty old odour.. Hotel tried to address this with no luck.

Great little gym opened early.

Nice breakfast with lovely helpful staff

If you are looking for boutique or luxury this is not for you..

• Stayed August 2013
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Risktrader1982 - Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my apology for the odor in your room. We are constantly working to make our guests as happy as possible and I am dissappointed to hear that we failed you. If there is anything we can do to make this up to you please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I would be delighted to speak with you at any time.
I am aware that we only get one chance to make a first impression. If you are ever in the LaGrange, Georgia area again, I would appreciate another opportunity to earn your business.
Sincerely, John McKinney, GM
Daphne, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Very nice facility, easy to get to get around, businesses, golf and attractions very close buy, always very friendly staff, if you are looking for a very well kept hotel in the LaGrange area this is it. Nothing right at site for dining, but if you ask, very easy to get to local dining facilities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Patrick R - Thank you for staying with us recently! We also appreciate the compliments.
Most of our regular guests refer to our exit on I85 (exit 14) as the "quiet " exit. Although we do not have any restaurants within walking distance, we do have some very nice restaurants located in town near the square. We hope you found one while you were here!
If you are ever in this area again, please know that you are always welcome at our Hampton Inn
Charleston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is a very clean, safe and friendly hotel and we have stayed here many times and have never had any issues with anything. We've had family trips here with over 6 rooms booked at one time and they've treated everyone exceptionally well. Hampton Inns have spoiled us. We look for only Hamptons when we travel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
D J - Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always a pleasure having you and your family with us. If we can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me. We appreciate you so much, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Been to Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens? Share your experiences!