“Positive experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   205 Cotton Rd, LaGrange, GA 30241 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites LaGrange)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in LaGrange
“Positive experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had excellent customer service from the moment we entered the establishment! There was a problem with the phones not working, the curtain materials being left behind and incomplete but the attendant in duty was attentive and thorough I rectifying every concern. The manager during checkout was equally kind, professional and understanding. We will stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Donnie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for providing your thoughts with your stay at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites of LaGrange, We appreciate your choosing our hotel and truly look forward to your return trip to LaGrange,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mandeville, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

If I had not been so exhausted from traveling, I would have requested another room. The bathroom was not cleaned very well at all. There were black hairs still on the counter, in the sink, and pushed into the corner of the floor at the tub area. The mirror was smeared. Silly string was attached to the bathroom door. Shiny confetti was sprinkled throughout the bathroom and some on the carpet. The vacuuming was a hop skip and jump job. Significant hot pink stains were on the carpet. There were white drips on the front of the nightstand. A map on the back of the room door indicated there was vending on the second floor, but it did not exist. I had to go down to the first floor to get ice. Another guest saw me with my ice bucket and asked if I had found the ice machine. The following morning, a clean breakfast table was not to be found. After I sat down at my dirty table, I saw another guest looking for a clean table to eat at as well. I guess I'm not the only one who expects cleanliness after paying $125.36. Hopefully, I at least got my reward points.

Room Tip: Don't forget to bring your Clorox wipes.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Donnie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, March 22, 2015
We appreciate your offering a review and would like to assure you that we do take housekeeping standards very seriously. We make strong efforts in preparing our guest rooms so as to exceed guest expectations. We do apologize for not reaching that standard this time and hope you will return for a second look should your travels bring you back to the LaGrange area. We really are focused on cleaning and providing a welcoming environment each and every time. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you at your convenience.
Maryland, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

I opted to stay here over a nearby hotel even though I had to pay more per night. Both hotels had been renovated less then a year ago but Trip Advisor rated Holiday Inn Express & Suites # 1 for hotels in LaGrange. My final decision was that the other hotel allowed pets. Upon arrival, I received a friendly greeting from the front desk staff and she quickly checked me in. I went to my room and noticed the door was ajar. I knocked but after no answer, opened the door and saw that work was being done in the bathroom. I called down to the front desk and the staff immediately apologized and came right up. She motioned me to an upgraded King suite across the hall and apologized again for the inconvenience. Overall, the room was very clean except the sofa had a couple of stains which I think could've been spot cleaned. Minor complaint, the heating/cooling unit under the window was blowing the sheers around and it was a bit distracting. I just tied them together to weigh them down.

I stayed two nights and by the time I came down to breakfast, around 7:30, there were empty or almost empty trays and something was wrong with the pancake maker. The coffee pots were empty on the second day!

As my final decision to stay at this hotel was based on higher rating then the other hotel which also allowed pets, I was surprised that on the second morning seeing a guest with a little dog waiting to get on the elevator. ??? Also, I was disappointed that they couldn't give me a late checkout time but I understood that the hotel was sold out.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from elevators.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Donnie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2015
Thank you for offering your review of The Holiday Inn Express & Suites of LaGrange, We very much appreciate your choosing our hotel. We are not pet friendly and the only animals that are permitted are service animals so we hope you will understand. The pancake machine was disabled during your second night and we do apologize for that inconvenience and hope you will allow us the privilege to offer you excellent service should your travels bring you back to LaGrange in the near future.
Destin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

Reservations and check-in were smooth and hospitable. The hotel was well maintained, presented a warm and friendly first impression, and was close to many quality restaurants. The only "complaint" my wife and I had was the water temperature in the shower, yikes!

We took advantage of the thick curtains and the dark room they provided rolling out of bed around 9:30 A.M. By that time, there was zero hot water available. I'm not sure if that was the case throughout the facility, but it was in our second floor room. Other than that, our stay was wonderful.

Overall, we were very pleased with our experience. We would definitely consider this Holiday Inn as a stay option in the future.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms give you a woodland view; even numbered rooms overlook the front parking lot. At...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Donnie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2015
Thanks for writing your review. To be honest, we did have a very unusual problem during your stay. Our Recirculating pump went out which caused poor circulation of the hot water. All of our boilers were in perfect condition, but when a pump goes out it does so without any warning or notice. The good news is that this is a very rare occurrence. We called the boiler experts and they installed a new pump as quickly as could be executed, but we did not know of this problem until approximately 7:00 am. We appreciate your understanding the situation and would like to speak at a time of your choosing. Just call the hotel if you don't mind. Thanks for choosing The Holiday Inn Express & Suites of LaGrange and we are very sorry for any inconveniences.
Mackinaw, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

My room was very comfortable and clean. Had a great experience with awesome customer service from Amanda and Lixxi. They brightened my day with their bubbly personality and great hospitality. I will defiantly stay here again thanks to those two.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Donnie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2015
Thank you so much for selecting The Holiday Inn Express & Suites of LaGrange, Georgia for your accommodations while traveling. We do our very best to hire the right people and then offer them the training and tools necessary to do a good job with enthusiasm. We hope to see you again real soon. Best regards from all of us.
Oldfort, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

Very clean, good food, great service and close to restaurants. I love the night lights in the bathroom. I upgraded to a suite and I was very pleased with the amenities. I stayed here during a business trip and anytime I do business in the area I will stay here.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Donnie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, February 1, 2015
Thank you so much for offering your review of The Holiday Inn Express & Suites of LaGrange. We appreciate you kind remarks, Our team is dedicated to the traveler for it is with great guest experiences that make it all worth the efforts. We take great pride in offering a very clean hotel located in a great place for local restaurants in a quiet location just off of Lafayette Parkway and only 1/4 mile to I-85.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2015

We had outstanding service by Amanda and her staff. It was very close to the Industrial Park in LaGrange, GA. The cost of the room was a price. Also, the hotel had a gym and pool on site. I would stay at this location again!

Room Tip: The wifi worked very well.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Donnie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2015
Thank you so much for expressing your thoughts concerning The Holiday Inn Express & Suites of LaGrange, We truly appreciate guest feedback. We are especially proud of the fact that you remembered Amanda by name, its very important to earn the trust and respect of our guests and when one of our team members is mentioned we like to take care of our team with a great big thank you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and hope you have great travels.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!