“Great Motel Friendly staff and affordable” 5 of 5 stars

CleanStay USA
1220 Boone Ave. Ext, Kingsland, GA 31548   |
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Kingsland
ga
“Great Motel Friendly staff and affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

First after r reading some of the reviews I almost didn't stay but something told me to try it anyway and I'm glad I did. i was greeted my a very friendly clerk. While she was checking us in we had a little chat about the area and things to do this in no way slowed her down she swiflty got us our room and reminded us about breaksfast. Once in the room I checked everything out the bathroom was spotless, the beds, floor and furniture all clean. The television worked great as the the internet. We had a mini referartor, microwave and coffee maker. There was no iron or ironing board in the room but a quick call to the front desk and one was deliver to my room. We had a nice swim in a rather large outdoor pool and had a chance to lay out and sunbathe. We enjoyed it so much we decided to stay another night. We had a chance to meet the owner and his wife, which I didn't have any trouble understanding. I have found that some people just are intolerent of people from other nations, this couple were very professional and friendly. I say try this motel for yourself, sometimes you can't believe everything written in reviews. I was very glad we tried it and I'm excited to return again soon. JWarren

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
From_the_Midwest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

I should have read the reviews before staying here, but it was a spontaneous (and bad) decision. My girlfriend and I decided to try the jacuzzi suite for nice evening. After we had settled in and started the jacuzzi my girlfriend noticed a giant roach crawling on the wall; we named him Bubba. Bubba was a giant roach that didn't even care to run away from the light, just a slow country swagger; so we trapped him to try and sleep that night. The room had lots of dead roaches, but unfortunately many that were still alive. We did the best we could to make the most of the stay, but romance was out of the quesion thanks to Bubba. I did talk to the manager when she came in, and to my surprise she was not even apologetic. She really didn't seem to care what I thought of the room or that there were roaches in the room. Needless to say, I would not recommend this hotel to anybody. Maybe the CDC would have a good time here.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Barnesville, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

A group of buddies and I stayed at the CleanStay USA after going to the races at the Golden Isles Speedway in Waynesville Georgia. Every year we hit Golden Isles and then head to Tampa Florida for the races down at the East Bay Raceway Park. Usually after the races at Golden Isles, we stop in Kingsland for the night and stay at the Econo Lodge which we have never had a problem with. This year, the Econo Lodge was booked so we went over to the CleanStay USA. I will say that the desk clerk was very nice during our check in, the rooms however was not as nice.

We drove around and got a parking spot and before we event went into the room, I knew we were in for a treat. From the parking lot I could tell that one of the curtains was tied in a knot. Upon entering the room, there were filled in holes all over the walls. The bathroom door also had 3 pretty good sized holes in it. I'm not sure if there was a boxing match in there or what. The bathroom was also very small. It was quite difficult just to dry off in there. There is no wireless Internet in the rooms which wasn't a big deal to us because it was so late but I figured I has better mention that. I do believe there is a computer guests can get on in the lobby area. The room wasn't very clean at all. Lucky for them we were just 4 tired race fans who needed a room for the night, otherwise we probably would have left. Hopefully for our trip next year, the Econo Lodge will have rooms available.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
kingsland ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

I checked into the cleanstays weekly rooms. Check in went smoothly, but after getting to my weekly room, i realized that the weekly rooms are 10 times worse then the nightly rooms. it was ok though because it was affordable, and with a single income, i cant afford much. I woke up the next morning to blood on the pillow beside me. I was disguisted to say the least. When i took the pillow down to the front desk, the manager was obviously pushing blame on room cleaners. I told her that i wanted my sheets and everything changed out that day. after getting home i realized that they hadnt changed the sheets out, so I called down to the front desk and told the manager that i could bring them down myself and have them replaced. She replied with "well your gonna have to, cause thats the best i can do for u right now"
So i gathered the bedding, and took it down to be replaced. While I was down there, i decided to let the front desk know that my batteries in my remote did not work. She (The manager) replied with "This is not the ritz, I dont know where u thinkk u are. We are doing the best we can with what we have" She was very rude, and i was set back by it, because i did not in any way shape or form get out of line with her, and I was nice always even when she was rude to me. As I continued my stay, I eventually asked that my roo be changed for my saftey, beecause someone i didnt want to know my room number, knew it, and it left me feeling uneasy. I expressed this to the manager, and she replied with " I cant help that u went out to the bar and got drunk and your key got stolen" "If u dont feel safe there, you are not goin to feel safe where i put you, because im gonna put u in between two consruction workers. ugh... again with this lady... she was out right rude and nasty. So i let it go, and continued my stay, and soon relaized that there were ants coming out from the cracks in my closet. The man at the front desk told me,"you shouldnt leave your sweets laying around everywhere, they were not there before u moved in" I can barely afford to pay my rent right now. What makes that man think I can afford sweets? shoot i cant even afford to eat! so that next week, I got my room moved and moved from a room with ants, to a room with roaches! Ugh... it just keeps gettin downhill... finally at the end of last week, I went to the front dest to ask the manager when my rent was due. she told me i was 2 days late. I told her there was no way because i had checked i on sunday. She argued back and forth with me for about 3 minutes before fially realizing that she was looking at the wrong screen. That was the last straw! Madder than ever I walked across the street to the ramada and relaized they had better weekly rooms for 4 dollars cheaper even! so i called my sister from jacksonville, and she came and helped me move. when i went to check out they told me i owed 48 dollars for a late check out. Had it not been for that managers rude comments, I would have paid my rent, and not had to worry about a late check out. I think that should be her loss not mine. I am utterly and completely disopointed in the over all experience. And most of all, on top of bad rooms, I am even more disopointed in the horrible customer service. the only one that was not rude with me was the laundry lady... and the ones that didnt speak any english... go figure.

• Liked — Nothing at all!
  • Disliked — Everything to be quite frank.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

I made a reservation by phone,got an excellent rate, found the rooms very clean, bathrooms were spotless.
Internet worked fine, breakfast was good.
Staff was courteous at check in and during my stay!
I will recommend this place, the staff and rooms are excellent!

• Liked — Great service!!!!!!
  • Disliked — everything was excellent
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

I will never ever stay at the Clean Stay Inn in Kingsland again. I would never recommend this place to anyone. First of all when I checked in, I could not even understand a word the desk attendant was saying. I felt like I was in a foreign land. Nothing against foreigners but altleast learn to speak the english language if you are going to do business in this country.

The room was not properly clean. Their was a used condom in the trash can in the room and hair in the tub. I complained and I was told that there was not another room available. I asked for a refund and again I was told I could not get one. The front desk attentdant came and replaced the trash can and somewhat cleaned the tub. I have already complained to the local health department and better business bureau. I hope some sort of action is taken. They have the name wrong, it should be called UNCLEAN Stay Inn.

• Stayed March 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

On Jan 02 2008, while travelling back from visiting my relatives,I decided to stay at this hotel .The name Clean Stay USA really caught my eyes, so I decided to check to see if there was availability and the rates.
I got a good deal for the price which was $39.99 plus taxes for a single king room.
I arrived quite late but was greeted by a courteous desk clerk. whom speedily but freind.ly checked me in.
I was also informed they offer wireless internet, which worked great and they offered a light continental breakfast which included coffee, reg and decaf and hot tea,they also had mufiins.
The room was clean, and the bathroom was spotless and I had a restful night.
I am highly recommending this hotel for being an arffordable and enjoyable stay.

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — Everything was great
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to CleanStay USA? Share your experiences!