“It has the 3 c's.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 21 hotels in Kingsland
Elgin, South Carolina
“It has the 3 c's.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Clean, comfortable,and convenient. My wife and I stayed here overnight on our way to Port Canaveral for a cruise. The room was very basic, but very clean. We had a comfortable king size bed. The hotel itself was conveniently located right off of I-95 with many restaurants within walking distance and multiple gas stations close by for refueling. They have a pool, in season. They also have a "continental breakfast", but it was nothing more than 2 cereal choices and some coffee. I would stay here again, for a night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Treasure Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We couldn't drive any more...it was 2am..wasn't looking for anything fancy. We just needed a place to sleep. When I went in I was greeted by Miss Wanda and she was wonderful...cherry, chatty and didn't seem at all like she was working at 2am. She got me checked in promptly and efficiently and we were on our way to dreamland. The room was clean and well taken care of and the only complaint I had was the pillows..they were kinda flat. Other than that the room was nice and served its pourpose. The alos had a complimentary breakfast that was yummy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I'm not sure I'd stay here for an extended vacation, but for an overnight stop during a long drive, it was perfect! Pets are welcomed, the room was clean and large, and it was clean. There is an IHop across the street, and a Valera gas station Travel Center next door that has a Popeyes Chicken restaurant and a deli in it for sandwiches, so once you are there, you don't need to drive to get a quick meal. I would definitely stop here again on the way up and down the East Coast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We must not expect the miracles when we were looking for the cheapest place to spend the night. However, cleanliness should not necessarily come for the price. The room smelled off and so did linens. The AC controls were faded off. Overall OK but would not go again for sure.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Moultrie, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

The hotel has good curve appeal and the desk clerk was professional and courteous. It's convenient to I-95 with restaurants, gas stations, etc., near by. On the down side, I was very disappointed that the hotel didn't honor my coupon from the December 2011 - 'travel coupon' book! The room appeared to be clean but I did find hair on the tub walls, some sort of stains on the sheets, and a horrible stench. I'm sure the cleanliness is usually good. They mislead you with the continental breakfast. Its juice or coffee, cereal, toast, etc.

I would give this hotel a second chance before I ruled this location off my list.

NOTE: I travel on a budget and lodge in hotels that are less expensive than 5-star hotels. Generally speaking, I'm not sure how often bed spreads are cleaned, if they put on a new roll of toilet paper, if they change unused guest towels, and it's hard to find a hotel, in this classification, that doesn't have some sort of a stench, as a result I have learned to travel with Lysol disinfectant spray and Lysol 4-in-1 cleaner.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Abington, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

This facility is very convenient to I-95 near the Florida border. It is close to a Cracker Barrel restaurant and gas stations. The amenities are minimal but it is comfortable. The staff was helpful and supportive. I am planning my next trip to Homestead Florida and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

would not stay anywhere eles. the staff is very helpful and will work hard to help you find anything you need. I did ask when are they going to put pillow top beds in. I like them. The stay is the way thing should be and the friendly staff make it better.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Cumberland? Share your experiences!