“Can't beat it for the price! Clean and nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 20 hotels in Kingsland

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Upon entering our room for the first time, an old rancid onion left in the frig, stunk up the entire room. Then our kids literally fell through the living room couch when sitting down. Discovered that pull-out couch mattress was missing entirely. Bathroom was short on towels and "hot water" was not available, only warm at best. Made reservations weeks earlier for a king bedroom w/pull-out couch. When going downstairs to ask to be moved to another room that had a pull-out sofa w/mattress, was told that I couldn't have another room. Even though when I asked how many groups had not checked in yet (6pm), she told me there were still 13 rooms not yet checked-in. She informed me she was the only employee working in this big hotel. We finally went to another room (w/a broken door lock- Rm#303) that she says was not rented out tonight. I asked her to allow me to take pull-out mattress & bring it to my room. She wanted to switch me to this poorly secured room & I refused. I ended up having to carry this mattress myself down the entire hallway, just to keep the room I reserved & to have a proper pull-out couch for my children to sleep on. Management/owners of this hotel also own a "Race Trac" gasoline station down the street from this hotel, and should try spending more time and attention on this hotel, along with investing a few more dollars out of their cheap pockets on an additional employee to take better care of up keep on their hotel, to avoid all these absurd problems we experienced . . . CUSTOMERS BEWARE!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
milin1609, Owner at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kingsland, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I appriciate the time for to write the review. Due to this feature, I judge how the hotel is being managed. It is indeed a helpful tool. I am sorry that my staff was unable to fulfill your needs. I investigated this and found out the following.
*The sofa matteress was taken out for cleaning and sanitizing purpose. It was our intention to provide the most cleanest of the hotel experience. Unfortunately, it was not ready to put back. And I take full responsibility for the inconviniency it caused. We tried to call you to resolve, but the guest has not returned our call.
*My employee did offer another room, which is a standard routine, when the guest is not happy with the room. the guest denied that. So, she tried to help the guest by getting the sofa mattress from another room. The guest offered help for it. Other wise, my employee was getting that for him in his room.
*The room no .302 lock is as secure as the other locks in the hotel. They were trying to put the key upside down to open it, which obviously won't open it.
*Ther hotel is running more than 60-70% occupancy and no body, but this guest had problem with the hot water temp. I personally checked it. the temp. of the hot water in his room is around 118 deg., which is a common temp in hotels. Due to liability issues, it can be over 120 deg.
*We provide three towels for king suites. For one night stay, it is more than enough. If needed, front desk always can bring them more towels.
*Most sucessful businessmen in the world always own more than one businesses. There is nothing wrong in owning more than one business. Both of my businesses are sucessfully ran for than five years prooving that they are professionally operaed.
Please consider looking at other reviews. Except the matress issues, the others are unresonably magnified.
POULSBO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I ENJOYED THE STAY AND i will be back next june. The owner needs to address the burners as well as the dryers, but other than those two things it was a great stay. The rooms were clean everyday and the staff was top notch. I will always recomend the hotel to anybody staying in the Kings Bay area. Thanks again and I'll see you soon. Brian Buchanan

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Suffolk, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was my first time staying here and I would definitely come again. Miss Lola and her staff catered to my team needs. This is a great location for shopping and eating. Miss Lola made me feel quite at home. The breakfast was also great. The bedroom was quite spacious. There is also a beautiful pool waitng and ready for you to relax in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kingsland? Share your experiences!