“Christmas vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Kingsland

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Kingsland to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingsland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Maycreek Boulevard, Kingsland, GA 31548 (Formerly Jameson Inn Kingsland)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Kingsland
Cortland
“Christmas vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Made reservations over the phone for 3 nights with dogs. Ended up staying 4. Nice breakfast and wonderful staff. Room was clean. Quite. Close to restaurants and other attractions. Would diffently would stay there again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Asheville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We often stopover in Kingsland when traveling to/from Florida, usually staying at the Sleep Inn at the same exit. (See separate review). This trip was an all-Wyndham trip so I thought I'd give the Baymont a try. Just three days prior we had stayed at the Microtel Inn & Suites at the same exit. Please see it's separate review also.

This is not an old property, but it is old enough to have no interior corridor; all rooms have exterior doors. As we all know, this design doesn't provide the same level of security as interior room access. However, if you have a first floor room, you can likely park right at your door.

The interior of the room, though mildly dated was very clean and well taken care of. No nasty smells, no stains, and the king sze bed had crisp white linens. No complaints.

At the risk of sounding like a whiney, it's the little things I notice that give me a negative impression of a property. Namely, when exiting the lobby, the door frame is dirty from hundreds of dirty hands pushing on it. Something that some spray cleanser and a rag could easily clean. Am I the only one who noticed this?

Just outside of the same door, the concrete passageway leading to the back side of the building could use a powerwashing. It's dirty, and has black circles of chewing gum on it from days-gone-by, staining the walkway. Guests had filled up the trash receptacle in this area to the point of overflowing. None of these things are 'deal killers', but it does give off that feeling of 'truck stop'.
The only ice machine on the property didn't function. :(

This is still a decent place to stay, but without some attention to detail, this property could easily slide down the slippery slope of 'run down' if the owner/manager is not careful.

Considering that just three days earlier we stayed at the Microtel just up the street for only $5.00 more, the Baymont has some work to do to.

Since I've recently stayed at three properties at the same exit, (3) I doubt we'll choose the Baymont again since there are nicer motels in Kingsland for at or near the same price.

Room Tip: You can walk to Cracker Barrell from this Motel, or drive a very short distance to a dozen other pla...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Ellenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wow stopped because it was getting dark, got gas and noticed the grounds nice and a sign that said hot breakfast so I headed over to the inn.
nice surprise, dog room even though an additional charge I took the room.
Dinner with other guests was just so nice and so many of us were travelling alone and the last thing you want to do is go look for a carry out when tired from driving all day. Quick meal, cup of coffee and off to our room to relax, walk the dog and sleep.
Breakfast was hot and it was really nice that the egg mixed was made in a circle so I could make an egg and bacon sandwich to hit the road. The coffee was really good and I had two cups.
The gal at the breakfast offered to help folks making waffles and helped me carry a milk to my table. I fixed my coffee in my own coffee cup and off I went.
I will be sure to stop next time I drive to Florida from Md.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Room needs updating,fresh paint. Staff is very friendly and accommodating--hats off to Jessica.Beds comfortable.Easy location. Breakfast needs fresh fruit .Dinning area a bit drab. OK for quick overnight stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The room was ok, but we didn't get wifi because we were too far away from the front office. The breakfast was less than appealing. The room was clean and was suitable for our last minute stay. I would have chosen La Quinta across the street, but they were sold out and we had our pet with us. Received discount, but I think I overpaid for the room.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Kingsland? Share your experiences!