“Had a good nights sleep” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Kingsland

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Kingsland to your Saves list
Travelodge Kingsland
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1224 Boone Avenue Ext, Kingsland, GA 31548 (Formerly Country Hearth Inns & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Kingsland
Tampa, Florida
“Had a good nights sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Unlike the previous review by the last traveler we found the hotel to be clean and decent. We didn't have an issue with anyone at the front desk. In fact the gentleman that checked us in was very professional and was at the front desk when we were there. It was raining very hard and lightning so we decided to stay here with our 2 girls 8 & 5. We got the coupon rate of $37 plus an additional amount of $5.00 for an extra person as it reads for only one bed. I was allowed to check in early which was a plus. I was able to check out a room and the first one smelled a bit smokey but I was allowed to get a room downstairs. The carpet in this room had been replaced and is new. I asked and they said they are in the process of fixing things since it was Country Hearth Inn. Originally it was Days Inn and that was the last time we stayed there. I was also told they will be making some of the rooms into 2 room suites. The beds were pillow top mattresses. 37 inch flat screen tv's. The shower had plenty of hot water and good pressure for me anyway. Now I did notice one down side. The ac unit had a smokey smell to it as the room was once a smoking room. So I didn't use it. I could tell this by looking at some of the other doors and the no smoking signs were painted over and the one's that didn't have it you could tell. But, they did repaint the room and new carpet and I could tell it was new. No dirt on my socks. I do bring my own air purifier anyway just because and I use as a noise maker to drown out any noises. I need a back round white noise going on so I can sleep. We noticed micro fridge's in the room so you can cook in the microwave in the room but only one can eat at a time as their is only one chair. But, we decided to eat at Denny's even though it was raining hard. It was next door. Now I haven't eaten at Denny's in a while but they have changed their menu up some and a new concept the food was hot for a change. It used to be cold when we used to eat their. Another bonus if you go on Tuesday or a Saturday your kid's eat free if they are with a paying adult well 2 adults 2 kids and under 18. Not the drink that's not free. We got the water and it didn't taste too great. but for a family of 4 and under 20 with tip not bad. Back to my review. We needed towels and I did tell them about the ac unit having a smokey smell. They did clean the filter but it still smelled smokey. We did need extra towels and the maid brought them to our room. So a totally different experience then the last person. Now, the bed's were comfortable as I love pillow top mattresses. Now, the breakfast I skipped as Travel lodge doesn't have a great breakfast and this one looked terrible. When it was a Days Inn they had a much better breakfast and I ate it when it was Days Inn and it was decent. But bottled Tampico Orange Juice. Yuck! Skip the breakfast unless you're desperate. Other than the ac unit being smokey we didn't need it since it was cool. I was just trying to use the heater but the blankets kept me warm enough and the breakfast an above average stay. So my tip is ask to see a room first and ask if you can get once with a newer carpet. Check out first then that way if you don't like it you can keep on going. But I was overall satisfied but, I'm not expecting 5 star service from Travelodge.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room first to check it out.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel on 3/17/2013 with my husband and 10 month old son. Apparently it was bike week and everywhere was booked except this hotel. We were traveling through GA going home to VA from a family funeral in FL. Upon arrival at this hotel my husband goes up to the little window to try and see if any rooms were available because the main doors were locked.. It was after hours. My husband stood there for at least 20-30 minutes before a man came from one of the guest rooms and opened up the doors. Once inside while my husband was checking in the male clerk explains were he had been. He said he was having sex with one of the maids.. he goes on to say that his wife was out of town and his mother was in one of the rooms upstairs. After getting all checked in my husband comes out and tells me what the man had said. We both thought this was very unprofessional but at 2am we were just ready to get some sleep. After going in the room we saw the plugin outlet that had the a/c plugged into it hanging from the wall, the phone didn't work, stains all in the carpet, and the bathroom was very disgusting. After getting a few hours of sleep we were woke up by the housekeeper around 7am asking if we would be leaving or staying (check out wasn't until 11am) since our baby had gotten woke up we decided to get ready and go have breakfast BUT.. the only food offered was dry donuts, stail cereal, and warm milk. So between the unpleasant clerk, unsafe and nasty room, early wakeup, and so called breakfast I would say this is definitely the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Travelodge Kingsland? Share your experiences!