“Great course, staff was full of racist perverts” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 13 Attractions in Jonesboro
Type: Golf Courses, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: 18 Hole daily fee golf course voted an Atlanta "Best Value" in 2005.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great course, staff was full of racist perverts”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I loved the course, and myself and my group had a great time playing it. I have to side with the rest of the reviews in regards to the staff members. The guys at the pro shop acted like your business wasn't worth their time, and the racial undertones were quite evident. I could see the way that they looked at us "whiteys", and my group felt very offended. The staff was mostly white men, so I am assuming that they must have been nazis of some sort. But the racism wasn't what did if for me, they are also a bunch of perverts! On hole 8, I stopped by the woods AKA Wiz Palace to take a leak, and one of the staff members was looking at my johnson and touching himself. RACIST. PERVERTS.

Visited July 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“OK Course, Racist Staff Member, Will Not Return”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

The fairways were very dry. Almost like playing on dried red clay. However, the greens were all in excellent shape. I also enjoyed the hazards and level of difficulty. Now on to the staff: Although the young gentleman in the clubhouse checking us in was quite pleasant and nice, there was an older gentleman that was rather unprofessional and rude as we checked in. So after making note of this obvious dislike for us, we made it through the 9th hole and once again the same older staff member made a few more rude comments. It was obvious he didn't want "our kind" there, which is weird because I've played at better and more expensive private courses without being treated like a second class citizen. What could have been an overall good experience was overshadowed by the racial undertones and unwelcomeness from this staff member.

Visited April 2012
Jeoff H, General Manager at Lake Spivey Golf Club, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Lake Spivey Golf Club is here to serve all people. We have been in business with the same ownership for 30 years. We strive to treat all customers the same no matter of their background. I am not sure if the person had a bad experience with a customer, but I am sure it was not an employee. I spoke to all my employees and made sure they understood how important it is treat everyone well. It would be hard to have an employee in the proshop treat you well and then get a poor experience from the outside staff. It would be helpful if the person might explain this apparent look that made him feel so poorly.
26 attraction reviews
“Lake Spivey Golf Club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Daughter and her family live on the golf course - beautiful area

Visited March 2012
south of atlanta, ga
22 attraction reviews
“Nicely kept course, it just isn't fun.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Golf should be fun. If it isn't, you shouldn't play. It seems to be a chore to play this course. The grounds are well kept and the greens are kept up nicely. Most courses have a hole or two you really look forward to. I've played here three times and each time has been progressively worse as it lacks any flavor. I won't go back.

Visited November 2011
“BADDDD STAFf”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

im a weekend golfer, love the game, love a great place to play. Lake Spivey golf club is home to the best holes to play in the south. Alot of water in play, sort of a tuff course. But the need to fire EVERYONE WORKING THERE, maybe exception of the cart boys. Its Saturday 11 pm, just played there today, i was irritated my first experience with the staff, and now im just pissed. i WILL NOT be playing there anymore, due to VERY arrogant son of a gun pro shop guys, the bald headed one AND the slick back hair i still live in the 90s business world. i was on the first whole, my group hit some fine shots, and we were lined up for some birdies. the guy came by and said we need you guys to hurry up, SPEED IT ALONG it took you this long to get here!! were all like what? weve been on this hole for 5 mins. and i lost my birdie shot badly because he was standing over my shoulder. GOD! you know this is just the worst staff, a ghetto mcdonalds staff beats this crap. For anyone that goes to spivey or thinking about. PLEASE DONT. if you take your time they wont like you. i suggest going a little further and hitting griffen city golf course, the staff is wonderful and its like 10 dollars more. .

Jeoff H, Manager at Lake Spivey Golf Club, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Lake Spivey Golf Club tries to provide the best customer service to each group. This group was out of position by 20 minutes after the first hole. We were making sure that the other people on the golf course would not play a 5 hour plus round. We inform our golfers that we would like everyone to play an enjoyable round and we must stay around a 4 hour pace of play. We speak to our golfers in a professional manner and ask people to play more quickly only when they are holding the rest of the golf course up with slow play.

Been to Lake Spivey Golf Club? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lake Spivey Golf Club, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.