“Ugh” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Jonesboro
clearwater, florida
“Ugh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We also had to stay there after having our Delta flight cancelled. Seems this is where a lot of stranded passengers end up, so the hotel should expect people arriving late in the evening. There was a line of over 60 people and one poor desk clerk, who was pleasant and doing her best. At one point she asked the manager to come help her but all he did was stand there smiling instead of opening another line. We stood in line over an hour before getting our room, and behind us were well over 100 more. As more shuttles arrived, people took one look and went back to the airport. To some extent this is also Delta's fault. They should not send everybody to the same place.

After all the standing around, you'd think I would be so happy to see a clean room and a bed. Boy, was I disappointed. The room stunk of cigarettes even though it was nonsmoking. Actually, the whole place smelled like a Vegas casino. The bed had ill-fitting sheets and just a piece of felt for a mattress pad. The bathroom was gross. Hair on the floor, mold and grime on the tiles under the sink. Lighting extremely poor, probably for a good reason. The shower was clean.

When we left four hours later (thanks to all those long lines) we got on the shuttle and then waited around until the shuttle was absolutely packed with people (and everybody starting to panic about getting to the airport on time). Then they decided to bring around another shuttle so we had to wait while half the people on the bus got back off. Caused needless anxiety to people who were already exhausted and annoyed.

Would I stay there again? Don't think so. Next time, I'll just take my chances at the airport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I was forced to stay at this hotel because I chose to be booted off a Delta flight, and this is where they put me up for the night. If you're comfortable with people with gold teeth and mariachi bands, this place is for you! Total ghetto. The staff was super friendly though, and the shuttle driver was exceptional. He went out of his way to drive me and another stranded traveler to a liquor store. He was super fabulous. Another positive thing about this hotel is the lobster mac and cheese. It's delicious, but not worth getting mugged for. I would NEVER go to this hotel, or any other Clarion in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

An airline (Airtran) put us up at up this hotel last minute and we arrived late night almost midnight. I would define this experience as very good primarily because of the staff and service they provided to a bunch of angry travelers who had an unexpected layover. Kudos to them! The rooms were clean and we did not have great expectations. I would recommend checking this hotel out if you need a place to stay in between flights.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
dallas, ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

My husband’s 50th birthday party was a blast! I rented the banquet rooms and the hotel catered food for 120--135 guest! I chose the Italian Menu (which my guest absolutely LOVED)! Event Services Manager, Samantha Harris assisted me every step of the way! Her exceptional customer service is the reason why I selected this hotel! From room rentals, shuttle services and the continental breakfast, the hotel staff exemplified excellent customer service to me and my guest. My decorator, Veronica Johnson of I~AM Wedding Creations (678.973.6466) turned the banquet room into elegant affair that wowed my guest!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Rex, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I am so happy that I followed through on a co-worker's recommendation to have my husband's surprise retirement dinner party at the Clarion Hotel Atlanta Airport South.
The staff was very professional, courteous, and accommodating. Any requests that I made were handled with respect and prompt service; i.e., providing a portable podium and microphone. Our dinner party was enchanting with bright, beautiful colors and classy tableware, and the food was simply fantastic! Everything was set up on time, and the servers came in to disassemble the buffet with precision. Overall, we felt as if we were in our own private cafe and appreciated the warm and wonderful catering service which this hotel provided.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012 via mobile

In town to help celebrate my cousin Book signing and birthday bash. This is an average looking Hotel with a big punch" The rooms were clean and the lobby staff was sweet like candy. The hidden jewel was the Up close 2 lounge with the sweet sound of Chicago/New York Jazz. This Hotel is a short distance from several restaurant in the area but the menu at Up close 2 is to die for" I will be coming back. Great Hotel.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Clarion Hotel Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!