“Good Mexican food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Jesup, Georgia
“Good Mexican food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is a family owned Mexican restaurant and it has very good food. The prices are good, the service is good, and there are a lot of choices. Our family eats here occasionally and we have always been very pleased with our meals and our service.

Visited June 2012

North America
“You had me at Good Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Since my first visit I have tried this restaurant twice more. Once in February and most recently in March. To be honest, I walked out without being served during the February visit because I was seated, got a menu and watched as other patrons entered after me and were served while I still sat with nothing but a menu in front of me. Only to discover it was the same incompetent male waiter that I had on my first visit!
I tried it again last week. I had given the manager a copy of my review, and am pleasantly surprised to report that he must have taken note of the details because service this time was impeccable. I had the same male waiter and he was attentive, got my order correct and got the bill to me in a timely manner. All of my previous complaints have been resolved!
I definitely plan on making this one of my regular restaurant choices in Jesup.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North America
“Good food outweighs bad service in this particular instance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

It's hard to find a good Mexican restaurant in this area, so I was skeptical when I went to Laredo's Mexican Restaurant in Jesup. The inside decor doesn't disappoint, it is very Mexican (from a Southern California point of view anyway). I arrived right around noon and it was crowded but there were still tables available.
My waiter didn't show up right away, someone else passed by and asked if my drink order had been taken and took it for me. The waiter brought it fairly soon after that.
The prices are very reasonable, and the chips and salsa that you get with your drink order are very good. The chips are crispy and the salsa is medium hot, just like I like it. So far perfect!
I placed my order, the Laredo salad which comes with the option of either steak or chicken. I chose the steak. It's one of those salads where it's served in a cooked tortilla bowl with lettuce, etc.
The food arrived in a very timely manner, so I was still impressed, until I saw that the meal placed before me was chicken fajitas, NOT even close to the Laredo salad with steak. I don't know how he managed to screw that order up, but he did. He would have taken it back, but I like fajitas too, so since he said he'd charge me the lesser amount for the Laredo salad in it's place I went ahead and kept it. The flavor of this dish was EXCELLENT. Served with the small flour tortillas and a nice sizzling pan of grilled chicken, onions and green peppers! The portion wasn't enough for a guy with a big appetite, but you can always have more chips and salsa. It was just enough for me. No one at any time during the course of my meal came to ask if I needed anything or to refill my drink. I sat there for a while after finishing my meal before I could get the attention of my waiter in order to get the bill. By this time it was a little after 1PM and the restaurant had thinned out quite a bit, so I saw no excuse for the negligence.
So to sum up; the service was bad on this particular day, but the food made up for it. I will go back without hesitation. The prices are reasonable, they have lunch and dinner specials and I saw advertising that they serve 2/1 margaritas during happy hour in the evenings. My kind of restaurant!

• Visited January 2012