“Great views of the sunset at dinner” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Description: SeaJay's is a casual waterfront dining experience with no reservation needed. We offer lunch and dinner all week long, with live weekend entertainment. Our specialties include ALL YOU CAN EAT Low Country Boil Buffet, crisp salads, homemade soups, and desserts. Planning a party? We cater parties & rehearsal dinners at the marina and out of town!
Whitby, Canada
“Great views of the sunset at dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is more pub/bar than restaurant, but good food and plenty of it. Caters more to people who dock their boats at the marina.

Visited October 2012
MacJefferies, Manager at Seajay's Waterfront Cafe & Pub, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for the kind words on our restaurant. We too agree that our sunset view is one to enjoy. We hope that you stop at SeaJay's on your next trip to Jekyll Island. Thank you for your time and kind words.

Galena, Ill
“Yuck!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We come to Jekyll Island once a year and usually visit Seajay's at least once.
The past several years have been disappointing; the only positive note nowadays is
the atmosphere......cute place with outdoor dining if you prefer. However, the menu is the same old, same old with no updates or new menu items.
The Brunswick Stew is quite good but everything else.......yuck. We ordered potato skins which looked as if they had been sitting around for waaaayyyyyy too long. Tasteless and awful
I should have complained........LOUDLY, but did not. My fault.
Unless Seajay's takes on a total revamp, it is beyond comprehension why anyone would patronize this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your kind words on our atmosphere and our Brunswick Stew. We apologize that your Potato Skins did not meet your expectations, and would ask that you please let us know during your dinner as we could have done something about this problem at that time. We will look into making changes to our restaurants menu, and hope that you will give Seajay's another try on your next vacation to Jekyll Island. Thank you again for your time.
Winter Park, Florida
“A new low in dining experience--unbelievable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived here last Friday night in time for drinks on the deck, watching the sunset over the water--it was a lovely ambience. Then we ordered dinner. I ordered "crab cakes" and "garlic cheese grits." My husband ordered the "shrimp saute" and a "loaded baked potato." As you'll see, I'm using the quotation marks advisedly. Dinner arrived promptly on 8-inch plastic-coated paper plates, the entire dinner crowded onto the plate--in my case, two crabcakes the thickness of flapjacks, overcooked and tasteless--they must have waved a crab over the frying pan--plain boiled grits without a hint of garlic, cheese, butter or salt (we spent a few minutes fruitlessly trying to get salt out of the shaker on the table and finally opened it and scooped some out); and, plopped on top of these deiicacies, a not-very-fresh roll of the kind that come six to a package at the grocery store. My husband had a ramekin of sauteed shrimp which could have been very good, but there couldn't have been more than four ounces, total, of shrimp, peppers, and sauce in this little dish The shrimp were the tiny frozen kind, not fresh "low-country" shrimp as advertised--they hadn't seen the ocean in a LONG time. He also got a roll and HALF a baked potato. We've been to a lot of places, all over the U.S. and Europe, but getting half a potato has got to be the chintziest thing we've seen yet. The waitress dumped these culinary treats in front of us and disappeared without noticing that we had no silverware--my husband had to get up and go on a search. When she appeared again, we had to ask for butter for the rolls and water for the table. We ordered dessert, since his portion was miniscule and I left most of the "crab cakes"--the pie was so good that it must not have been made on the premises. This meal came to almost $60. The whole experience was so horrible that we wound up in gales of laughter. If we'd ordered the $6.99 dinner special at Denny's, we would have had a better (and certainly more filling) "dining experience." It is unconscionable to charge almost $20 a plate for this kind of indifference. Please don't bother with your letter of apology, which is simply lip service, since no improvement was made and I'm sure no refund will be offered. If I'd read these reviews BEFORE going there, I'd have realized that we should have avoided the place, but there's almost no other place to get dinner on Jekyll Island. Very puzzling since it's supposed to be a vacation destination--a tourist could literally starve to death.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the kind words on our location. We understand that you did not enjoy your meal and would like to apologize for that. We would also like to apologize for our island not meeting your dining expectations. We hope for you to come back to our island, but would suggest renting a unit with a kitchen so as to meet your criteria of acceptable dining. We hope you let us know if there is anything else we can do. Thank you for your time.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Sea Jays on the Marina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Had lunch here a few times. Eat out on the veranda, if it's not too hot. Squirrels will keep you company! Just an old shack turned into a restaurant. Food is servicable. My son in law likes their oysters. Nothing fancy including the prices, but it is a nice change from the hotel and the beach places. Menu includes things kids like. They have a bar too if you are so inclined.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the kind words on our views and menu. We try to be different from your beach themed restaurants, but stay in the relaxed casual coastal dining experience. Thank you again for your time and your kind words.
Nashville, Tennessee
“Only picked up takeout, but I want to go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I only stopped in here to pick up some Brunswick stew and had a beer while waiting, so I can't say much about the rest of the food or dine-in service. . My stew was very good, and the bartender we dealt with was very nice. I did see a very small buffet that I believe was the $18 Low Country Boil option, and that seemed a little overpriced to me. There was a live entertainer on the porch and I really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere. Also, this is my father's favorite spot for a beer on the island. Overall, I plan on going back and eating and hanging out the next time I'm on the island.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you very much for your kind words on our restaurant and the menu items you tried. Thank you for the complements on our staff as well. We will look into adding items to the buffet to increase the consumer value. There will be live entertainment every Thursday, Friday, & Saturday. Please come join us and let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your dining experience more enjoyable. Thank you again for your time and kind words.