“Best Boiled Shrimp in Georgia” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Dessert, Central American, Pasta, Family Fare
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Located on the historic wharf in the heart of the beautiful Jekyll Island Club National Historic Landmark District and overlooking the Jekyll River and famous Marshes of Glynn, Latitude 31 Seafood Restaurant offers indoor seating with fresh seafood, beef, pasta and certified organic poultry dishes with friendly and attentive service. Full bar.
boca raton
“Best Boiled Shrimp in Georgia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stopped for lunch outside at the RAH BAR next to Latitude 31 on the recommendation of some shop owners in the Landmark section of Jekyll Island. It is located on the historic wharf, right behind the Jekyll Island Club Hotel. You sit outside, on the water listening to live music on Saturday afternoon.
Food choices for lunch are limited but it does not matter---GET THE BOILED SHRIMP! We ordered a half pound for my wife and I had a blackened Shrimp salad. Hers came out first and they were hot, plump, sprinkled with I believe Old Bay and with tartar sauce and a combination of butter and hot sauce. Until that day I was not a fan of boiled shrimp, but after tasting one of them dipped in the butter hot sauce mixture, I could not get enough.
The salad was very good but after we finished it and the boiled shrimp we ordered a second half pound and enjoyed every one of them. Our waiter indicated they were brought in fresh, from their own boat and they sure tasted like it.
I do not know how good the Latitude 31 restaurant is, but since it is connected with the RAH BAR, it has to be OK.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Overpriced and Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

What a lovely setting on the wharf, overlooking the Jekyll River and marsh! I anticipated a lovely dinner on my first night on Jekyll. I was disappointed. The Grouper Hemmingway tasted of nothing but lemon caper butter--otherwise, no flavor. The Key Lime Pie was run-of-the-mill. I must say the service was excellent, but most menu items are incredibly overpriced. Drop the pretense and just serve good food at reasonable prices! The next time, I'll try the Rah Bar. They looked like they were having much more fun!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Georgia
“second time around better than the first”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

On our second visit to Jekyll we once again ate here because of the close proximity to The Jekyll Island Club Hotel, and the beautiful views. This time our service was wonderful, as was the food. I had broiled scallops, my husband had sea bass, and the couple with us had shrimp and grits. All were delicious and our waitress was very attentive.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, GA
“Fantastic dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Superb service and dinner. Stick with the seafood. Ample portions and cooked to perfection. Rather than fried, asked that fish be sauteed in garlic, lemon and butter. Without hesitation, request was granted. Seafood prices were most reasonable. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arlon, Belgium
“Nice view and great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Staff very warm and friendly. Food is fine yet nothing extraordinary. Great view. A bit on the expensive side for what you get (in terms of refinement - quality and quantity fine).
Broken AC the night we were there so very hot and humid.

Visited August 2012