“Excellent place to stay for a vacation or weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Jekyll Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Westborough, Massachusetts
“Excellent place to stay for a vacation or weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

My wife and I have been coming here for mo keep coming back becausere than ten years. We keep coming back because of the location - right near the beach and close to thr golf courses. The service and attention of the staff is first rate. Our room has been recently painted and new drapes installed. I have told many people about the enjoyment we get from visiting here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Gainesville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites for a long weekend. We had one of the 2 bedroom suites and it was great. Not dated at all, the rooms were spotless, and the staff was great. We'll be back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Martinsburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

We have visited Jekyll the past 7 years and stayed at 3 different hotels. After finding the Quality Inn we have stayed there the past 3 years and have no intention of changing. We find the staff friendly and helpful, the breakfast nice, the rooms are fine and spacious..the beds are especially nice and it is a short jaunt across the street to the beach. I cannot believe some of these reviews I've read are from the same hotel where we stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

After reading the reviews before we booked our trip and deciding that those who stayed in the refurbished rooms were happy and those who stayed in the unfurbished rooms were not, I contacted the Director of Sales, Sheila Godley and expressed my concerns. She sent me a very welcoming and professional reply in which she promised to put us in a 2 bedroom suite that had been refurbished in the past two weeks; freshly pained, new carpet, and scrubbed from to to bottom. The suite was exactly as promised and we had a delightful stay. The rate for a 7 night stay was exceptional for the island and the breakfast offered a nice variety nicely prepared. Would we stay there again? You bet, but I would probably be contacting the hotel directly again to be sure we that once again we got an up-to-date room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
qualityjekyll, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 13, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your stay! We will keep refurbishing until we get them all looking great! Visit us again SOON!

Deborah Exum, GM
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

I would highly recommend this hotel for those who want to travel on a budget and want to stay in a nice size suite during their vacation! Because we don't like going out to eat every night (after hiking and playing outside all day!) we got a suite with a full kitchen, living room and separate bedroom. The beds were so comfortable! They are are renovating many of the rooms. Our room had a new carpet and other upgrades. It was so quiet there too! What a great plus! The hotel staff were awesome and went out of their way to ensure great customer service. The free breakfast was great too, eggs, waffles, etc. It's located right across from the beach and in walking distance from the historical district (If you like to hike!) They have bike rentals there too, which I took advandage of. I stayed there three years ago and also had a good experience and that is why I went back again. Thank you Quality Inn and Suites for making my vacation filled with great memories! (And thanks to the hotel staff that helped me when I locked myself out of my room!!!) Submitted By: Chris Corrado and Dan Darmstadt..

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta (Sharpsburg) GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

We visited this location with several friends for a large event on the Island. While pre-planning we knew that all we needed was a clean room with a comfy bed and clean bathroom.
We had a decent room upstairs in the the corner over looking the pool. It was very quiet.
The A/C, fridge and microwave worked great for keeping drinks cold and snacks warm.
The bathroom was very clean but there is no place to sit anything. Pedestal sink...no shelving or counter.
The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows and nice duvet. We slept great.

Breakfast was edible but I wouldn't call it good. It did fill the hollow spot we needed filled until lunch. I think the eggs were powdered instant. Coffee was a little cool but ok.

The staff was really nice and helpful. When we asked for extra towels we got way more than we needed.

Major drawbacks-the floor was scary dirty...this dated hotel needs many upgrades starting with the carpeting. GROSS! We didn't dare walk in bare feet.
The tile grout was pretty filthy too. wet tile from shower spray caused dirt to seep up out of the grout.
Water damage in room evident by rotten mildewed furniture. I'd never invite a guest to sleep in a room with mildewed furniture!

The whole island is undergoing a facelift. If this hotel makes improvements, I'd stay there again. The price was right. It was right across the street from the beach and the other activities I was participating in..Just bring some flip flops. No telling what's on the floor.

In summary. It's a cheap hotel and the amenities reflect that. The sleep quality and staff were great though. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
qualityjekyll, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 22, 2010
Thanks you for sharing your experiences at the Quality Inn & Suites of Jekyll Island. I am very please to let you know that beginning Oct. we will be replacing carpet and several of our damaged furniture items. I look forward to welcoming you back to our newly refreshened guestrooms on your next trip. Thank you again for sharing! Deborah Exum, GM
Warthen, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Me, My husband, mom, aunt, and kids stayed at this hotel Sep 3-6th. Room smelled terrible, there was obviously water damage in our room bc the table outside the bathroom next to the door was damaged at the bottom, and the same goes for the molding inside the bathroom. Spider was found on the wall in the kitchen. Refrigerator did not work, told the person at the front desk...never heard from anyone about getting another. WIFI did not work, pool was terrible..sand in the bottom..looked like it needed to be vacuumed and some chlorine added, the breakfast was free..kids enjoyed it, coffee was cold, food was not that great at all. Will not stay here again. We used to stay here years ago when it was the Seafarer...loved it. Can't say the same anymore. Oh, another drawback...Master bedroom did not have a tv, but the other bedroom did. Weird.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
I apologize that your stay was not the hospitable service that I expect my staff to deliver. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better at taking care of our guests. As a result of your feedback, we have implemented checks and balances that will enable us to prevent future guest from experiencing this lack in service. Clearly we were not performing to the best of our abilities and for that I am truly sorry. Please allow us to demonstrate the level of service our guests should experience on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me personally to handle your return trip to our newly freshened guest rooms. gm@jekyllquality.com Deborah Exum, GM

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!