“Run, Forrest, Run!” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Run, Forrest, Run!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

The staff was nice, but it stops after that. The bed was literally a rock, so I tried the pull out in our suite. Bad idea...not even sheets in the whole room for that bed! Bathroom was clean. Mattress protector had snot all over it. Breakfast consists of cereal, bread, and biscuits. No gravy, eggs, etc. The couch is uncomfortable to the utmost extent. Do me a favor, pay the extra 20 bucks and stay elsewhere. You will be glad. There is NO taxi service or rental cars on the island.

• Stayed October 2013
qualityjekyll, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
WoTideWo- I apologize that you did not find everything satisfactory with your stay with us. We do not make up the sofa bed in the room nor leave sheets in the room stored for it, because we want our customers to have fresh sheets for their sofa bed everytime it is used. Our staff at the front desk have ready made packets of fresh sheets and blankets ready as needed upon request. Our breakfast is served from 6am til 9am so customers that come after 9am are sure to find a limted supply of offerings as things are closing down. We do offer a rotating menu that lends our customers some variety. Some of those menu offerings have gravy with biscuits, and others may have sausage patties biscuits just to give an example. As a state park, taxi services are available from the local area of Brunswick. We are always happy to arrange for those travel accomodations if needed. As always we have a Commitment to Service for all of our customers, we do hope your travels will return to Jekyll Island, so we may demonstrate our committment of service to you.-Deborah Exum

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I spent 1 night at the Jekyll Island Quality Inn. This is an older property and is beginning to show its age. Also, being next to the ocean, salt water has caused some deterioration. That being said, should we go back to Jekyll Island, we will definitely stay at this hotel. The room was large, well furnished and the beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We had no criticism of the breakfast.

Room Tip: These comments have nothing to do with the hotel, but we felt are worth mentioning. It costs $6 per...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
qualityjekyll, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
JJ L-Thank you taking the time to rate us. I am so glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay on Jekyll Island. We appreciate the compliments about our staff. We strive to make sure the staff is up on all the things going on in the Golden Isles area. I hope the rest of your trip was great! Monica Nawrocki
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We showed up late at night. When we entered the room it had an awful mildew musty spell. We came in from the back door and walked into the kitchen. First thing I saw is the kitchen cabinet doors falling off, paint chippings, warping of the doors, the stove and microwave looked to be from the 70's. Walked into the living room area and the couch was actually a loveseat and there was one chair. We had a total of 10 people inlcuding kids staying in that suite. A sofa and chair wasn't going to cut it. The bathroom was an awful pink tile from the 70's and the tub was covered in soap scum. The cieling looked to have had mildew growing on it. Then vents were all covered in dust and rust. One of the beds was broken when we got there. I called the front desk and they sent the maintenance guy over who put it up on 2X4's and said it was fine. I called the front desk and they did not have another suite and would not give us their last room. It was 11pm by this time and the kids were exhausted, plus it was labor day therefore I know we were not going to find another place so we decided just to stay there. The carpets were old and I know they allow pets in the hotel so who knows what was in them. I couldn't even walk around barefoot. There was a water bottle under the bed that was not ours. The bed skirts were torn and falling off. The pillows were half the size of a regular pillow and full of air, mine as well just slept without one. There was what looked like mice droppings on the floor. We spent most of out time around Jekyll Island and very little time in the at the hotel because it was just so uncomfortable. We will definitely NOT being staying there in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
qualityjekyll, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent experience with our hotel. We are aware that our bathrooms and kitchens are a little dated. Renovations for those area are slated for 2014. We do however strive to provide a clean establishment regardless of age. Our two bedroom suite is limited to only hold 8 ppl per room. I can understand your frustration with the limited space with additional people occupying your room. I apologize that on Labor Day Weekend we did not have another bed frame nor another room to move you to. Our staff did everything possible to make your entire family comfortable during your entire stay. Our carpets have already been replaced in 2012 and are cleaned regularly especially after being occupied by a pet. I am very sorry that we did not meet your families' expectations for accomodations. Please be assured that all of the issues you've raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken. We do hope that you will revisit us on your next trip to Jekyll Island so you will be able to see our improvements first hand. Deborah Exum, GM

Travelers are raving about these Jekyll Island hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful! The room was clean, but very dated. The proximity to the beach and the golf courses was very good. I enjoyed being able to rent a bicycle at the hotel and ride around the island.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
qualityjekyll, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Golfergirl2014-How wonderful that you were able to enjoy the many outdoor activities here on Jekyll Island. Thank you for recognizing our staffs commitment. We look forward to your return visit so we can show off our planned renovations. Monica Nawrocki
Little River, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The staff's knowledge and friendliness made our stay memorable. Rate versus proximity to beach was very good. Some renovations in kitchen and/or bath areas would be needed for "excellent" rating. These are to be accomplished in 2014 according to management.

Room Tip: One and /or two bedroom suites are the best choice for roominess.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Todd R-Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are looking forward to our renovations in 2014 to make our guests experience even better when they visit Jekyll Island. Thank you for the kind words about the staff. We take pride in knowing as much as we can about what is going on in the Golden Isles. We look forward to seeing you on future trips to the area. Monica Nawrocki
Byron, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I booked this room for my two adult daughters who were traveling to Jekyll for a college event the Turtle Center. They arrived late at night and were given room 221.
When they got to their room, they found all the windows open and the heat running, which was a little odd since the temperatures were in the 80's or 90's that day.
They tried to close and lock the windows and found that some of the windows didn't have locks- looks like they had been removed. There were nails coming out of the walls where pictures once were. The furniture was damaged, the door to the bedroom looked like it had been kicked in and had scratches on it on the inside like someone had desperately tried to get out. (I am hoping it was a pet??)
They called me and were scared since the windows wouldn't lock. I couldn't find any other rooms that late at night, so they had 2 choices. Stay in the room, or sleep in their car. Since the exterior door appeared to be solid, they choose to stay in the room and leave first thing in the morning.
Don't be fooled by the pictures on the hotel's website. They aren't accurate.

The only positive thing I can say is that the front desk staff were very nice on the phone when making the reservation, and provided helpful information about the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
qualityjekyll, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Alicep33-Please allow me to apologize for the condition of the room when your daughters arrived. I have shown your review to our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to ensure these problems do not occur in the future. We strive to make sure each guest feels welcomed and secure at our property. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss this issue. Monica Nawrocki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

First I would like to commend Nicole. She checked me and my 3 buds in on our fishing trip. She was great. We had unit 111 & 112. I was in 112. The rooms are nice and large. But if you want fancy, this ain't it. The place is dated looking, with old looking stove and old style bathroom sink. No vanity. There were some paint cracks on the bathroom ceiling. There was one stain on the carpet in the sitting room. But overall, the room was clean and nice. It was all us old fisherman needed. I did not care for the hot breakfast items, so I ate cereal. We did not complain because our guide had gotten us a really cheap rate. Unfortunately the pool was closed due to work on its pump. But we had a good time.

• Stayed September 2013
qualityjekyll, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Holderman-Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I have shared your kind words about Nicole. We are lucky to have such good staff members. I do apologize for the breakdown in the pool. We will be sure to keep your comments regarding the bathrooms and kitchens as they will be remodeled in 2014. We hope you will stay with us the next time you head out with Captain Eric Moody. Thank you again-Monica Nawrocki

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!