“Attending an event at the convention center” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Jekyll Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Duluth
“Attending an event at the convention center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at this property and were quite happy with the experience. The staff was very accommodating and provided everything we needed when asked. The breakfast was delicious and more than is usually served at hotels that offer free breakfast. The property is located within close proximity of the Historic District, several restaurants, and across the street from the beach.
Room was nice size, beds comfortable. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were away from the street side so noise was not noticed. However we were there in December and i...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
qualityjekyll, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful response about a recent stay with us. Many of our guests enjoy our fresh waffle maker! We look forward to welcoming you back again on your future travels to Jekyll!

Deborah Exum, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Winston-Salem, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Stopped by without reservations off season. The room was cheap and across the street from the beach. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Room was worn, but I felt it was clean enough. Had a very strong musty smell (old and at the beach), but it didn't bother me much. I felt perfectly safe the entire time. Free breakfast, free wi-fi, and a fridge in the room finished the bargain.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
qualityjekyll, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Jennifer C, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about a recent stay with us. We truly appreciate you sharing your great experiences and hope to see you on your return trip.

Deborah Exum
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Inside room temp was over 80 degrees! I complained a total of 3 times, but each time I only received an excuse. This hotel uses the outdated "chiller system" of heat & a/c. Every room is somewhat controlled by the front desk. You have NO independent control of the air temp in your room. The outside air was cool, so the "chiller system" was set to blow only "warm to hot" air. So if you like a cooler room, you are out of luck on a cooler evening. Every room gets the same choices. Our room was HOT all night long. Very frustrating!! On Saturday morning I complained again at the front desk, and the lady told me that I was the 3rd complaint that morning about hot rooms!! She said that unless the outside air temperature increased, the "chiller system" would not be lowered for the entire day. I was forced to spend my entire 3 days in a warm/hot room, with no control of any kind. This system needs to be updated.
The hotel is old, but clean. Updates need to be made all over the property.
Jekyll Island has so many hotels, and this one does not measure up. I purchased this room on Hotwire.com. They had high recommendations for this location. I disagree!

Room Tip: Get a room with full heat and a/c control....not the ones on the "chiller system". We had...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
qualityjekyll, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Marv024- I am truly sorry that you were given excuses rather than actions to rectify your issue while staying at our hotel. Contrary to your belief, our front desk does not have control over the temperature of your room. That temperature is controlled by the temperature control setting in each individual suite. Rather than each room having a separate condensing unit, we do operate on a larger scale unit; however, each room has individual air handlers. Our system is very far from being outdated. A new 35 ton Carrier Unit was installed May 2011. This system is very similar to what hospitals utilize because it deals with humidity more efficiently. Again, I want to apologize for the misinformation you were given and I have discussed this matter with my staff. We hope to have you return for an uneventful stay with us again in the future. - Deborah Exum
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I describe this hotel as "older but not trying to hide it." I think that sometimes reviewers have unrealistic expectations on what they get for what they pay. We had a very nice stay here. I think for under $100 on Jekyll Island getting a clean, one bedroom apartment was a darn good deal. Yes, the hotel is older and the furnishings are older but were in fine condition. I thought the breakfast was very nice with many options. The staff was all very pleasant and helpful. If I return to Jekyll I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a one bed room apartment. I couldnt believe how big and nice it was. We really liked it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

It was absolutely GREAT! They meet my requirements with no hassle from staff. We'd asked for two rooms next to one another and for them to be on the first floor...they made it work.There was a mix up with my card for double payment but it was fixed within 24 hours. I would say this..they really need to upgrade a few things. Jekyll is considered a resort island so this hotel need to upgrade a few things. The tubs are not something I would call in good shape. I stayed at some Quality Inn hotels that were twice as nice. Also, there should be a tv in every room in the two bedroom suite. These are just my opinion. There a few other negative things but I will past on describing. Overall it is an average hotel but should be more up to date for Jekyll. The staff was GREAT!

Room Tip: Be sure to see if there is a more updated suite if you book.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
qualityjekyll, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your response about a recent stay with us. Updates and Upgrades are coming- keep an eye on us as we grow. We truly appreciate you sharing your experiences and hope to see you on your return trip.

Deborah Exum
Alpharetta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Two large bedrooms and a pull out couch in the sitting area; small kitchen, but adequate. TV. On ground floor. Free breakfast which is average for all motels these days. I would stay here again. The price was definitely right for all of us in the party. We were four senior citizens celebrating our friendship over the past 40 years. Were previous college roommates.

Room Tip: Nothing unique about this place. Like all the rest of motels, but was clean and a good location on...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

After a wandering trip thru Florida, we decided to visit Jekyll Island. We looked on TripAdvisor and saw the reviews.. All of the hotels have good and bad ones.. But for the price paid and the size of the room.. (we looked before we paid for the room) We chose to stay at the Quality Inn & Suites. We had a large one bedroom suite with a full size kitchen. Our room was very clean and smelled fine. We chose to leave our door propped open for a few hours and of course it began to smell a little humid. But I understand I am in South Georgia in a hotel made of blocks that is about 50 plus years old. As long as the room is closed and air is running the room smelled fine. Across the street from the beach, free hot breakfast, (loved the blueberry waffles), and we saved $30 cheaper than any of the other hotels on the island. I think we made the right choice. It is definately not the Ritz but who can afford to stay there for 4 days. Not my family.
The staff at this hotel made me feel like I was visiting friends. I have never felt such an inviting and welcoming atmosphere. Yes, the hotel is older. Yes, it is clean. Yes, it is across the street from the beach. So if you need an affordable place to sleep and want to be on an island with good people.. visit Jekyll Island and choose to stay at the Quality Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: One Bedroom suites are worth the upgrade they are huge rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
qualityjekyll, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.- Deborah Exum, GM

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!