“never a bad stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“never a bad stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

for the past 30 years my group has been staying at this hotel on our annual golf trip. yes its true this hotel is old and my need some work done to it. But having seen the changes over the years management is trying to update it. The new pool is great, looks way different without a car in it (inside joke). My group has always stayed in the outrigger section at the rear of the otel. We always book the 2 bedroom effiency suites and we are always content. Keep in mind we are there to golf and drink where we put our heads is not our biggest concern. the price is always right at this hotel. plus its the closest hotel to the golf club maybe 60 second drive. The hotel room bathrooms have always been a concern and need work but everything works just needs to be updated. Also the T.v's could be revamped aswall. I know last year they were telling us they were switching to digital and Tv's were goona be updated. I am going down in 6 weeks to see this beautiful island and this nice hotel. looking forward to it as always.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

WELL, until September 30th they have a special going on that you pay for your room by the last two digits of your birth year....so we only had to pay $43 for a room literally on the ocean!!!
ALSO, I arrived to Jekyll Island with my grandmother and had yet to make a hotel reservation. After going into a few hotels we decided we wanted to stay at the quality in because it was morereasonably price than the other place, AND the person who was working behind the front desk was the nicest lady and so energetic! After choosing to stay there we asked her if we could please get a room on the bottom floor since my grandmother can't walk up and down stairs with her bad knees, and the only room she had left was a suite. SO, bless her heart she gave us the suite room for the same price!!! She was so incredibly nice and we enjoyed the very nice rooms as well! We really liked the breakfast too, you can make your own waffles! :-)

Room Tip: You can literally back your car right to your door on the bottom floor to unload, so if you drive th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I arrived to Jekyll Island with no definite plans on staying just a normal day trip...Once I started sightseeing I was in awe and knew i wanted to spend at least another day on the island..I priced several different hotels but I chose Quality Inn because of the energetic greeting from the young black lady working the desk she gave me a map..explained some other things to do and suggested several resturants...I really felt like home away from home..The rest of the staff was cheerful as well...will definitely be back and hopefully the same cozy atmosphere will remain.

• Stayed August 2012
Warrenton, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was totally thrilled when checking in and the fellow at the desk asked what year was I born- which decided what our rate would be!!!!! It so happened to be 1951, therefore our rate was $51.00. I really have no complaints whatsoever. The breakfast was great, too.

Room Tip: I did ask for a non tourist rate, but had AARP.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were worried after reading previous reviews, but couldn't have been happier with our experience here. Everything was clean, the staff was great, and the price couldn't be beat. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to tell them your age if they ask, sometimes they have age-based promo prices.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

I must say when I was looking to book a room on the island I was looking for something budget friendly. Quality Inn was the cheapest. But due to other reviews I was hesitant in booking, but ending up here anyway. And I must say it was no where near what I was expecting. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Our room was HUGE!!! We had two queen beds, a working microwave and mini fridge. Everything was clean and the air conditioner kept the room icy cold. The continental breakfast was great. We were surprised to see sausage and eggs offered! And one of our most favorite things were the bike rentals, their rates are reasonable. Not to mention it's located across the street from the beach and the hotel pool is nice and clean if you're not up to lugging everything/everyone :) to the beach. Also restaurants are within a short driving distance. All in all if your looking to save a little money on hotel costs this hotel is defiantly a must!

• Stayed August 2012
Walton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had not been to Jekyll in 20 years; however, we went recently and were quite pleased with our accommodations at Quality Inn. We booked 2 rooms since our daughter & her husband went with us. Both rooms were large and had a small kitchen with a stove, sink, microwave, coffee maker and large refrigerator. The beds were SOOO comfortable and things were clean. Breakfast was good--hot eggs & meat each day along with a variety of muffins, bagels, yogurt, waffle station and juice...plenty for everyone even on the days we got there 15 minutes before it ended.The only problem we had was that the bathtub drained slowly (however, it wasn't enough of an inconvenience to report until we checked out) and there was no fan in the bathroom. We enjoyed the pool, computer in lobby, and had an excellent stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
qualityjekyll, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am responding to let you know how delighted we were
to receive your kind words of praise.
Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Deborah Exum, GM
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!