“Great experience, beautiful park, welcoming host!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jekyll Island Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jekyll Island
Jekyll Island Campground
You added Jekyll Island Campground to your Saves list
1197 Riverview Drive, Jekyll Island, GA 31527   |
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great experience, beautiful park, welcoming host!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was only able to spend one day and night at the Park, but the whole experience was great. the beaches, campground, and park in general was beautiful and well maintained. Mrs. Jean was our host at the campground, and she couldn't have been more welcoming. She helped us to the campsite, set us up with wood, information about the park, and even hooked us up with a lighter to start our fire. Great Host. The sunrises and sunsets on the driftwood beach are gorgeous. Only complaint is that it was a bit expensive to camp (6$ to get in the park and $21 dollars to camp), but it seems that they use the money well to maintain the park and hire great staff.

Room Tip: Bring bug spray: It is the Georgia coast after all. But with bug spray we didn't have too many p...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lyons Falls, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I can't believe the amount of bugs and Mosquitos. Yuk! The campground is nice but it is hard to enjoy with all the bugs. We couldn't sit out without getting eaten alive. The pier was cool as was driftwood beach. Too bad bout the bugs. The staff was also very friendly. Probably won't be back due to the bugs, and also after two days of touring, there really isn't a lot to do.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We recently spent a weekend here tent camping with our family. The grounds are nice, facilities clean, location is great. I had made my reservation by phone and had already paid in full, so check in should have been a breeze. I walked in to the store/check in and found 3 girls working behind the counter. Two of them seemed to be working on a computer issue, and the other one was texting from her cell. Not one of them acknowledged me standing there directly in front of them. Finally I interupted the one with the cell and told her I needed to check in...though it was obvious..and she acted like I was bothering her. Once we were checked in, we found our campsite to be nice. Lots of kids, good family atmosphere. The light from the laundry room across from our site was a bit annoying, as we were in a tent and it was hard to sleep. We also found the security man who rode around on the golf cart to be a bit rude as he would ride around shining his flash light in the faces of guests. This seemed to be happening to everyone he passed not just us....maybe it's policy? All in all it's a ok place to camp. We enjoyed it. If the staff issues were corrected it would be great. We would go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Great campground, super employees and peace and quiet, too. We stayed in our Sprinter RV and couldn't have enjoyed it more. The mosquitos ARE the state bird of Georgia, but with the advice of locals to get Avon Skin So Soft bug repellant/sunscreen, we were fine. We had lunch at Fin's one day (just down the beach) and spent one day over at St. Simon's Island...lunch at Barbara Jean's, a great place. Also, don't miss the Sea Turtle Center!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here over Mother's Day weekend. The campground was fairly full, but I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it is. We stayed in our popup camper with our 9 mo old baby and had no issues with noise while he was asleep.
The bathrooms and showers are clean. The campground is dog friendly, which is great. They do charge a $3 dog fee up front. The store had good hours and carried most things you will forget.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
My biggest complaint is that I feel it is a bit over priced, but there aren't any alternatives. And the Mosquitos are AWFUL, don't forget your bug spray!!! But there is nothing to be done about the latter. :)
Overall, we had a good experience!

• Stayed May 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

My family and I visited Jekyll Island Campground for Spring Break. I was very pleased with the campground. It was clean and the kids loved the bike trails. It is also right across from the fishing pier so the kids could ride to the pier each day. The campground was also very dog friendly. There was plenty of walking areas for my Lab. Be warned though we were bitten by mosquitoes and gnats. Bring bug spray and Citronella.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We just spent 4 nights at the campground in a tent site (no water, electric). When I called to reserve, the young lady was extremely helpful, and went out of her way to find a site that would accommodate our large group. Check-in was quick and easy. Our site (and as far as I could tell, all the sites) had a picnic table and a fire ring, with a grill grate over it for cooking. The general store had a good selection of necessary items: toiletries, basic groceries, camping equipment. I didn't find the prices to be outrageous. The bath house was very clean each time we used it, and my only conceivable complaint (if I had to think of one) is that the individual shower stalls are VERY small. In the same bldg. is guest laundry ($1.25 a load for a standard size washer if I remember correctly) and a community room with tables and chairs, a lending library, some puzzles and games, and most importantly a sink with dish soap and sponge, a toaster oven, toaster and microwave. All in all, we had great stay, I you can't beat the value! I would definitely go back, and would not hesitate to recommend!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Jekyll Island Campground? Share your experiences!