We booked a Queen Double Studio Suite with pool view. I was pleasantly surprised you weren't just paying for a pool view, but also a deck with 2 chairs to relax in while taking in the action at the pool. Their is also an outdoor gas fire pit with comfortable circular seating. You have access to food and drinks (full bar) from the pool deck or inside. Don't forget to check on the specials for Happy Hour from 5-7 M-F. The beach access along the walk way is definitely worth the time. The live oaks are awesome. The beach is away from the houses and public access further down the way, so there is plenty of space to spread out. The room had plenty of space. There was a pull out sleeper sofa microwave and fridge (they intentionally set them warmer to save electricity, so make sure to turn it to a cooler setting when you check-in). The staff is fantastic!! Can't say enough about how helpful they were and the cleanliness of the facility. Didn't use the free transportation, but definitely an awesome perk!
The Driftwood beach at the other end of the island is a must see. You might want to look for alternatives for dinner with limited options available on the island. We saw a lot of people getting pizza and decided on Red Bug (very average). I would recommend going off the island to Southern Soul BBQ on St. Simon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's tempting to spend your days at the Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island on the unspoiled beaches that line the perimeter of the tiny island paradise. However, don't miss out on learning more about the colorful story of the Jekyll Island Club on a guided tour of the history-rich mansion-size cottages that have drawn visitors to this locale for more than a century. Once a retreat for America's elite families, you can add your name to the likes of the Rockefellers, Carnegies and Morgans and join the friendly team at our hotel on Jekyll Island for a truly unique American experience. Don't forget your golf clubs. Jekyll Island isn't considered Georgia's premier golf destination for nothing. Pine Lakes Golf Course features "family-friendly" tee boxes for truly evenly-matched play. Indian Mound sprawls through some of the island's most scenic landscape and the local favorite, Oleander, follows Jekyll Island's inland lakes and pine forests, creating challenging holes and rewarding views. The history, the beaches, the golf - you'll find a golden getaway on Georgia's Golden Isle. Our hotel features Lobby Bar, Extended Pool Terrace with Kids Pool, Zero Entry Main Pool, and on deck fire pit; Bike Rentals are available on site. Take a 100yd stroll thru the Maritime Forrest and discover Jekyll Island's beautiful South Beach area. For weddings, reunions or family vacations, we have what you need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island Hotel Jekyll Island
- Hampton Inn And Suites Jekyll Island