I really wanted to rate this as a "5" instead of a "4". What a great group of employees! All were alert, courteous, responsive and helpful. The facilities are super -- even on a rather cool couple of days in December, the pool was plenty warm to swim in, the outside spa was hot, and the fire pit was a nice place to socialize. Breakfast was good enough, and we loved the ability to enjoy a hot tea or coffee at any time of day or night. We enjoyed the available bikes for a very reasonable rental charge, as there are great bike trails on the island.
While the rooms were very well appointed, and attractive-- the noise insulation was well below average. We were awakened several times by footsteps over our head, and conversation from the room next door. It did not seem that these other guests were inconsiderate or abnormally noisy, either-- just the the floors and walls were not very soundproof, especially for a newer hotel. Otherwise, we enjoyed this hotel thoroughly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's tempting to spend your days at the Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island on the unspoiled beaches that line the perimeter of the tiny island paradise. However, don't miss out on learning more about the colorful story of the Jekyll Island Club on a guided tour of the history-rich mansion-size cottages that have drawn visitors to this locale for more than a century. Once a retreat for America's elite families, you can add your name to the likes of the Rockefellers, Carnegies and Morgans and join the friendly team at our hotel on Jekyll Island for a truly unique American experience. Don't forget your golf clubs. Jekyll Island isn't considered Georgia's premier golf destination for nothing. Pine Lakes Golf Course features "family-friendly" tee boxes for truly evenly-matched play. Indian Mound sprawls through some of the island's most scenic landscape and the local favorite, Oleander, follows Jekyll Island's inland lakes and pine forests, creating challenging holes and rewarding views. The history, the beaches, the golf - you'll find a golden getaway on Georgia's Golden Isle. Our hotel features Lobby Bar, Extended Pool Terrace with Kids Pool, Zero Entry Main Pool, and on deck fire pit; Bike Rentals are available on site. Take a 100yd stroll thru the Maritime Forrest and discover Jekyll Island's beautiful South Beach area. For weddings, reunions or family vacations, we have what you need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Jekyll Island
- Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island Hotel Jekyll Island