By far this was the nicest Hampton Inn I have ever visited. We decided to stay here vs the Jekyll hotel due to previous reviews. Which I would ditto on almost all accounts. Personally, I would have preferred the history and ambience of the old Hotel but we chose the Hampton due to its location at the beach, the price, and its better offer on golf coupons (MUCH less $$ then offered thru the Jekyll Hotel for the same courses!). The pool is small and crowded with kids. Not a place to relax around. The beach is great for walking and biking. Not great for swimming. The people at the front desk, tho friendly, were not very knowledgable regarding the surrounding areas (beyond the 3-4 restaurants on the island which they automatically provide). We used the biz office computer (when it worked) to get our info on the area (golf, activities, restaurants). Breakfast is okay (standard Hampton breakfast). DO NOT order any other meals/food there. YECH. Straight from the freezer to the microwave to you! Nice hotel, you get what you pay for!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's tempting to spend your days at the Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island on the unspoiled beaches that line the perimeter of the tiny island paradise. However, don't miss out on learning more about the colorful story of the Jekyll Island Club on a guided tour of the history-rich mansion-size cottages that have drawn visitors to this locale for more than a century. Once a retreat for America's elite families, you can add your name to the likes of the Rockefellers, Carnegies and Morgans and join the friendly team at our hotel on Jekyll Island for a truly unique American experience. Don't forget your golf clubs. Jekyll Island isn't considered Georgia's premier golf destination for nothing. Pine Lakes Golf Course features "family-friendly" tee boxes for truly evenly-matched play. Indian Mound sprawls through some of the island's most scenic landscape and the local favorite, Oleander, follows Jekyll Island's inland lakes and pine forests, creating challenging holes and rewarding views. The history, the beaches, the golf - you'll find a golden getaway on Georgia's Golden Isle. Our hotel features Lobby Bar, Extended Pool Terrace with Kids Pool, Zero Entry Main Pool, and on deck fire pit; Bike Rentals are available on site. Take a 100yd stroll thru the Maritime Forrest and discover Jekyll Island's beautiful South Beach area. For weddings, reunions or family vacations, we have what you need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island Hotel Jekyll Island
- Hampton Inn And Suites Jekyll Island